The "Build Job" process doesn't generate files in specified directory

One Star

The "Build Job" process doesn't generate files in specified directory

Hello,
I'm new to Talend Open Studio and looking to create a job that automatically runs on a daily basis. I have gone through the following article to step through the "Build Job" process:

I'm running into a major obstacle after completing Step 8. When I navigate to the specified directory where my job was supposedly saved, I'm not finding any files whatsoever. When I click "Finish" in Step 8, I don't get error notifications of any kind.
Any idea why my job isn't being saved?
One Star

Re: The "Build Job" process doesn't generate files in specified directory

I can't post a link on this forum. I'm using the "Build Job" function by right-clicking on the job I'd like to export. I hope that clarifies my problem a bit.

Hi,
Are you using studio 6.0? Could you please take a look at the jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-33318 to see if the solution is Ok with you?
Is there any error log(Window-->Show View-->General-->Error Log)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I have the same problem: I migrate jobs from TOS 5.6.1 to 6.0.0 and now to 6.0.1. With the 6.0.0 I cannot run builded jobs (lots of mainclass not found). With 6.0.1, I manage to build and run several jobs. But for 2 of them, the build process passed without errors but no files were generated (I also try to check the unzip checkbox).
I'm using TOS Big Data 6.0.1 on linux x64 with Oracle java 1.8.60
Is there some build logs somewhere to try to understand what happen ?
Best regards,
Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,
There is no error log which is located in<Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log?

Have you confirmed that the Preferences jdk is set and deleted your user .m2 repository directory files to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.