Four Stars

Talend Studio - Data Quality - regular expression error within a built-in sql script

The following sql script works correctly in MySQL workbench however when I copy this sql script into an tmysqlinput built-in component in a Talend job the script is changed by Talend when I run it.

The original script is:

SELECT
name_sur
,regexp_substr (name_sur,'\\S*Admin+') as new_field2

FROM debtrecovery.bailiff
where name_sur like '%Admin%'

whereas the amended version is:

SELECT
name_sur
,regexp_substr (name_sur,'S*Admin+') as new_field2

FROM debtrecovery.bailiff
where name_sur like '%Admin%'

Talend is removing the two backslashes in front of the capital S i.e.

original regex:   '\\S*Admin+'

amended regex: 'S*Admin+'

This is amending my final output, giving me incorrect data.

Is this a known bug or is there any specific work around I can use.

Thanks

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Talend Studio - Data Quality - regular expression error within a built-in sql script

Hello,

Are you trying to write 4 backslashes in your sql script to see if your final output correct?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
4 REPLIES

Re: Talend Studio - Data Quality - regular expression error within a built-in sql script

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for looking into this issue for me. The version that I am using is Talend 6.4.1

Regards,

Kevin

Hello,

Are you trying to write 4 backslashes in your sql script to see if your final output correct?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

It was an escape char issue so thanks for your suggestion. This works fine now

Regards,

Kevin