One Star

SQL Server Connection failure. java.sql.SQLException: Login timed out

I am unable to connect to my SQL Server 2008 database from Talend Open Studio for Data Quality (6.0.1.20150908_1633)
The error message i get is "SQL Server Connection failure.  java.sql.SQLException: Login timed out"
I can connect to Oracle with no problems.
I am able to connect to the SQL Server database remotely via Management Studio, so i don't think it's a connectivity or firewall issue.
Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES

Re: SQL Server Connection failure. java.sql.SQLException: Login timed out

Hi evanbossett,
Usually there are two ways to connect to sqlsever: sql server authentication and windows authentication.
Your SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode is enabled? Did you set up your DB connection in metadata or just use tMSSqlXXX component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

thank you for commenting. my SQL Server 2008 has "SQL Server and Windows Authentication" enabled.  i have tested the user account by logging in from SQL Server Management studio.
I am trying to connect via the Talend GUI. 
After launching Talend Open Studio for Data Quality, i open the "DQ Repository" tab
Then Metadata -> DB Connections -> Create DB Connection
I give it a "Name", "Purpose", and "Description" and select "NEXT"
If i select "SQL Server 2005/2008" from the dropdown, my "Db Version" dropdown is empty and grey
string of connection = jdbc:sqlserver://MyServer:1433;DatabaseName=myDataBase
When i press "Check", the popup says "Connection Failure. You must change the Database Settings"
If i go to DETAILS>> i think i get a "Missing JDBC Driver" error <?>
  org.talend.utils.exceptions.MissingDriverException: can not find class :com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1117)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2674)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If i try the DB Type "Microsoft SQL Server" from dropdown and fill in my information, i get a "Login Timed Out" error
string of connection= jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MyServer:1433/myDataBase;
One Star

I am facing the same problem with mysql connection.
My community edition is running fine but enterprise edition has problem
Something like that

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:164)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1054)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:311)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2335)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
      at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:90)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:115)
Please help me
One Star

Having the same issue. Any ideas?

Hi danny_hal,
We have replied to your another topic:http://community.talend.com:80/t5/Design-and-Development/Error-when-trying-to-connect-MS-SQL-Server-...
Could you please take a look at it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.