Profiling on Phone Numbers using TALEND Data Quality

Highlighted
Four Stars

Profiling on Phone Numbers using TALEND Data Quality

Hi All,

Could someone please help me in analyzing the Phone numbers using the Data Quality studio. 

I have an use case to analyze the all distinct length of Phone Numbers available in a customer table. I tried using the available options with the Column Analysis but it has all the standard analysis. 

Is there a way to analyze these distinct lengths and its counts available in a table?

Thanks In Advance !

Cheers

Re: Profiling on Phone Numbers using TALEND Data Quality

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina, 

Thank you for response. 

Please find the below example : 

ID          Phone_Number        City_Code
1             9199999999                 91
2             99999999                     91
3             999999                         91

From the above example, i want to draw two conclusions here about the correct phone numbers.

1. Basically, 10 digit is a valid phone number. Here the first record Length of Phone_Number is 10 and the combination of city_code & Phone_Number is 10 for second record. So the first two records are Valid Phone Numbers. 

2. Obviously, third record combination/individually it is having length less than 10, so it is not a valid phone number.

Thank you in Advance!

Six Stars

Hello,

Apply StringHandling.LEN on tmap filter expression to calculate the total count of phoneno and citycode.

tmap.PNG

output.PNG

Hope this solves your purpose.

Regards

Ganshyam 

Employee

Hi,

My recommendation will be to use the phone standardization component of Talend. Could you please refer the below links?

https://help.talend.com/reader/2OdJUxUo875vFjIX_3J2Rg/RSkoheLd5u3gZGxH6D_pDg

https://help.talend.com/reader/OE_HqPbtpUhLImlWQRUjgA/ETixpFy4DBzOw1phHWTQMw

Checking a phone number validity based on only length of string is not the best practice in verifying phone numbers. 

If the details have helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi