One Star

(Probably dumb) Question about Custom Indicators

Hi all,
I'm looking at custom indicators and thought I'd start with something really simple: create a copy of Max as custom.
I have done that and now want to use it in an analysis.
Where should I expect to see the new indicator?
I created a test Column analysis and expected to see the new indicator in the Indicator Selection dialog (which where I expected to see it, based on the user guide). It's not there though, and I haven't been able to find any other way of selecting that indicator for use against columns.
Is this an issue, or a dumb user error?
TIA.
3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: (Probably dumb) Question about Custom Indicators

Hi Tia,
You just need to drag&drop your custom indicator onto a column in the column analysis editor.
(I know, it's not intuitive at first and we'll work on a more friendly way to add these indicators).
One Star

Hi Tia,
You just need to drag&drop your custom indicator onto a column in the column analysis editor.
(I know, it's not intuitive at first and we'll work on a more friendly way to add these indicators).

Great, thanks for that scorreia.
Allowing custom indicators to be dynamically picked up by the Indicator Selection dialog would open up a lot of possibilities...
Is there somewhere I can go to get started on writing custom indicators (especially Java ones), or getting involved with the project?
With a few added features, this thing could really start to mix it with the big boys.
Employee

Hi,
In Talend Open Profiler 3.2.3, you can only create SQL indicators.
For Java indicators, it's still under active development. See 11128
This feature will be available in our next release.