One Star

Informix DB RegEx

I am attempting to build a DQ Column Analysis on an Informix IDS database table and applying regular expressions to given columns (eg UK Post code). I am receiving an error stating that ?Unsupported use of regular expressions on this database (Informix Dynamic Server). Remove all Pattern indicators from this analysis?.
I could build a DataBlade module to process RegEx patterns, but this relies on having the appropriate access and permissions to the databases concerned.
Are there any other solutions?
Regards,
Talend Data Quality - Team Addition V4.1.2
Informix IDS 11.70
3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Informix DB RegEx

Hi
the other solution is to select "java engine" in the analysis setting page.
Then, the computation will be done in java instead of SQL.
Don't forget to add a regex for the Java language in the pattern editor.
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I've managed to get the Java Engine solution working ? Unfortunately this restricts Column Analysis to a single table, but for now I can live with this.
We may well try the regexp.1.0 DataBlade option, but there are obvious admin overheads with this - I would be very interested to hear if anyone has used TDQ with Informix DataBlades previously?
Thanks again,
Chriswest
Employee

yes, I think we had one consultant doing that.
In general, that will be more efficient than Java for two reasons:
- the data don't go out of the database
- the regex engines provided by DBMS are usually DFA engines which are faster than NFA engines (e.g. Java) at the price of doing less things (such as backtracking...).
For Informix, I'm not sure about the pertinence of the second reason, but at least the first one is still true.