Data Quality Metrics

Four Stars

Data Quality Metrics

Hi

I have a similar question as it was already posted here, but the link in the answer does not work any more. According to this Website, it is said that „Boundless data profiling features help you test and monitor your data for accuracy, completeness, integrity and other key data quality metrics."

Where can I find those metrics for accuracy, completeness, integrity, etc. and is there any documentation about the calculation?

Best regards,

Lisa

Accepted Solutions

Re: Data Quality Metrics

Hello,

From the Profiling perspective, are you able to column analyses?

Could you please let us know if this online user guide is helpful for you?

https://help.talend.com/reader/Se88elCF0HkomGAlfWThWA/zmv~R~GW6VuXsdeYiCPUkg

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hello,

Here is online component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tMatchGroup.

Note:This component will be available when you have subscribed to one of the Talend Platform products or Talend Data Fabric.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

as far as I can read from the documentation, the tMatchGroup component provides functionalities for data matching and duplicate detection, but does not calculate any DQ metrics out-of-the box. It would also help me to know that this functionality is not supported by Talend, then I can stop searching.

Best regards,

Lisa

Hello,

Feel free to create a new feature or work item jira issue on talend bug tracker.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Employee

Hi Lisa,

All the metrics you are referring to are part of the "Profiling" perspective of Talend Studio. See the following documentation pages: https://help.talend.com/reader/qsVMGPxPzq7IQ_Tij2uz2g/s~_wspuFQjU1Gt6H8oGEuQ

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Gwendal

Four Stars

Hi Gwendal,

I had an intensive look at the documentation and also tried to find the metrics in the "Profiling" perspective of the Talend Open Studio, but I did not succeed. Could you please give me a more specific hint were to find them, i.e., in which analysis of the profiling perspective?

Best regards,

Lisa

Four Stars

Column Analysis with proper predefined Indicators might help you

Four Stars

Thanks, but I did not find anything there.

Hello,

From the Profiling perspective, are you able to column analyses?

Could you please let us know if this online user guide is helpful for you?

https://help.talend.com/reader/Se88elCF0HkomGAlfWThWA/zmv~R~GW6VuXsdeYiCPUkg

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

yeah thanks, I did column analysis. I close the thread now, because I think I had a thorough look in everything, but the understanding of 'metrics' implemented is just slightly different. I can do a lot of flexible own-built profiling, but not calculate any generally applicable metrics out-of-the-box. For example, calculating the completeness works for one column, but not on table-level or database-level.

Thanks for all your help and best regards,

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina

--