Four Stars

Code or macro to add rows with time stamp in between two existing rows; for large dataset

Hello altogether,

I'm new in the community and tried as much as possible to find an existing answer, however my problem might be too specific.

I have a dataset, in which values are recorded over time every 10 minutes (13:40,13:50,....)

In a second dataset I have alert entries which have an exact time stamp (exact in minutes: e.g. 09:32,11:48,..).

In order to match the alert entries to the regular time records to highlight when values in the first dataset have been impacted by an alert, I might need to add additional rows to the first dataset. Specifically: 9 rows, in between the 10-minute-records and fill these added rows with a time-stamp by minute. (Currently:13:40;13:50 Target: 13:40,13:41,13:42,...13:50)

However, I don't know if I might need to code this, or if there is another way to automatically add 9 rows between two existing rows (dataset has more than 20,000 rows).

Old status2.JPGnew status.JPG

If you have questions, since it's not specific enough, please let me know.

Kind regards,and thanks for any help in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: Code or macro to add rows with time stamp in between two existing rows; for large dataset

Hello,

Sorry for delay!

We are working on your issue and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Code or macro to add rows with time stamp in between two existing rows; for large dataset

Hello Sabrina,
thanks a lot in advance. I still haven't found an answer to this issue, thus, I would be highly glad if anybody has an idea how to deal with it.