Four Stars

Available connectors in free desktop version

I am beginning to test out the free version of Talend to see if it is a possible solution for us.  I am hoping to connect to Google Cloud Storage to automatically grab a file and begin some processing on it.  I seem to only be able to manually upload .csv/.xls files.  Is this a feature that is restricted in the free version?

5 REPLIES

Re: Available connectors in free desktop version

Hello,

Are you able to use tGSConnection and tGSPut components to achieve your goal? Which will be available in talend open studio. The work flow should be:tGSConnection-->tGSGet-->SomeProcessing

Could you please give us more information about your requirement that automatically grabbing a file and begin some processing on it?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I think that would work. how do I use those features.  I have not used Talend at all yet. I am looking for some videos that might help me get started.

My overall goal for what I am attempting to accomplish is to grab a .csv file from Google cloud storage and run some QC checks on this file (how many records, file size, things like this) then load the file in to big query, then extract this data out as an excel file after making some changes in big query. eventually e-mailing this file to end users. 

Hello,

Here are online component references about:TalendHelpCenter:tGSConnection and TalendHelpCenter:tGSGet.

With your requirement( how many records, file size, things like this), here is a tFileProperties component which can be used to

display the main properties of the processed file(file size, basename). In addition that, you can also find tBigQueryInput and tBigQueryOutput in talend open studio to achive your further  processing.
The work flow looks like
:tGSConnection-->tGSGet(download file from GS to you local machine)-->tFileProperties(file size)-->tBigQueryOutput
    | onsubjobok
tBigQueryInput-->tfileoutputexcel
   |onsubjobok
tsendmail

Eventually using tSendMail component to e-mail this file to end users.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I do not see any options in the Free version of this software to use anything but .xls and .csv connections.  How do I get access to this.  I only have add dataset and it is set to local file. 

Community Manager

Hi Brian, 

You are using Talend Data Preparation Free Desktop, correct? If so, then it only supports CSV and Excel files, indeed. 

Sabrina's comments apply to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration, which can be downloaded here: https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration/data-integration-open-studio/?_ga=2.101645569.10587...

Regards,

Gwendal