One Star DCH
One Star

[resolved] Tutorial "How to call a Job..." - cannot import zip in 5.3.1

Hello,
Trying to follow the tutorial "How to call a Job from Talend Open Studio for MDM" at http://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/tutorial.php?language=english&idTuto=61 , I cannot import the .zip in step 1.
The message is similar to that listed in http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22580 . However, in 5.3.1, I can't seem to find a view called "MDM Server (deprecated)" in TOS Window/Show View...
Am I looking in the wrong place?
Didier

• MDM
17 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Tutorial "How to call a Job..." - cannot import zip in 5.3.1

Hi,
Prerequisite(s): You have already connected to the MDM server from Talend Open Studio for MDM. You have exported one or more Jobs in .war files from the Integration perspective.
Related document TalendHelpCenterSmiley Very Happyeploying+Jobs+manually+on+the+MDM+server and TalendHelpCenter:Connecting+to+the+MDM+server
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star DCH
One Star

Hello Sabrina,
I confirm that I have successfully connected to the local server - as evidenced by successful completion of tutorial "Getting started with Talend Open Studio for MDM " at http://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/tutorial.php?language=english&idTuto=60 .
However, I would like to stress that I am not trying to export (then import) something that I created myself.
The issue I am encountering, is trying to import the file that is attached to the following tutorial page: "How to call a Job from Talend Open Studio for MDM" at http://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/tutorial.php?language=english&idTuto=61 . Specifically, the tutorial, at step 1, requires that file exampleFile.zip (file url: http://talendforge.org/tutorials/data/tuto061/061.zip ) be imported.
This doesn't work, even double checking that I follow the steps described in the second link that you provided.
I note that the file attached to the tutorial page is a .zip rather than a .war. And there is no .war in the .zip. Should something be done to the file before I try to import it?
Didier

Hi,
Actually, please use 5.2.x version or lower instead of 5.3.x version. Because the"MDM Server (deprecated)" is removed from 5.3.x.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star DCH
One Star

Hello,
Using 5.2 worked indeed.
And actually, I was then able to import the CallTOSJobTemplate back from the server to the "MDM Repository" view, then to export it to a zip - and that latter zip can be read by TOS 5.3.
In case that can be of use to others, I can pass that updated zip along. Is there a way to attach it to this post?
Didier

Hi,
Thanks for your contribution.
So far, you can only use gif,png,jpg,jpeg,txt. in forum. How about uploading the .zip file into Network hard disk and then give the link on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star DCH
One Star

Hello,
I'm afraid I don't have access to such a folder in this context. Could I pass the file by email to someone who does?
Didier

Hi,
It is a good idea.
In addition, we plan to update the old tutorial or create a new one on talend help center in order to give a more convenience way for users in further job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star DCH
One Star

Ok, just let me know to what mail address I can send the file.
It is good to hear that the tutorials will be adapted. Following them using TOS 5.3.1 is being an interesting experience - nothing catastrophic so far, though.
Didier

Hi,
You can send it to me and I will give a help for some others who will face the similar issue.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I am trying to follow this tutorial on 5.4 and I am getting the same problem. Do you have a replacement file that will work for this version to save me having to downgrade?
Thanks

Hi,
Using 5.2 worked indeed.
And actually, I was then able to import the CallTOSJobTemplate back from the server to the "MDM Repository" view, then to export it to a zip - and that latter zip can be read by TOS 5.3.
In case that can be of use to others, I can pass that updated zip along. Is there a way to attach it to this post?

There is a zip file contributed by @DCH. I will send it to you by email. Let me know if it is working with your current version.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I am using TOS-MDM 5.5 and I have the same problem:
-I am unable to import the zip file mentioned in step 1 of this Tutorial (http://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/tutorial.php?language=english&idTuto=61) into the repository view. The import operation fails to find any file.
I understood you have a replacement file.
Could you please send it to me by mail?
Much appreciated,
Amin

Hi Amin,
I have send a email with zip file to your gmail inbox. Could you please check it? Let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello Sabrina,
Thank you for this very fast response. The file you sent worked indeed, I can proceed with the tutorial. Thanks!
Best regards,
Amin

Hi Amin,
Glad it's helpful. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi again,
While proceeding with the Tutorial How to call a job.., using the file you sent me,
in Step 4: call a job,
i was asked to use the file "UpdateReport" under Data Container/System.
I cannot find this data container file, I need it to continue my tutorial.
Knowing I imported all the archive you sent, could you please tell me how to get it?
Best regards,
Amin
One Star

Hi Sabrina
I was blocked at same place. (I'm using version 5.5.1)Could you please also share the file with me. Thanks.