One Star

Still No Answer Re: Installation Error: XML Server not ready

I downloaded TMDMCE-All-r41260-V4.0.1.zip.
Using the Wiki instructions, I attempted to install the MDM server (jboss-4.2.2.GA) on a Win 32 machine with XP, and jdk1.6.0_14. Eventually, this error started to repeat, and never stopped:
13:42:13,324 INFO (EJB-Timer-1273167631631Smiley Happy Auto Upgrade. XML Server not ready. Retrying in 5 seconds
JBOSSes response to a similar question was: "I suggest that you ask the people who developed TalendMDM because there is no "xml server" within JBoss AS". (http://community.jboss.org/message/524029?tstart=1)
Talend forum topic 9856 suggests running the bin copy of the run file, (okay ... so it was on a Linux OS, I still tried it), no help.
Listed errors previous to the XML server error were:
12:43:44,833 ERROR (mainSmiley Happy Error starting endpoint java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

and

12:43:44,849 WARN (mainSmiley Happy Failed to startConnectors LifecycleException: service.getName(): "jboss.web"; Protocol handler start failed: java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.
Any ideas of what I should try next?

• MDM
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Still No Answer Re: Installation Error: XML Server not ready

Yes, I also encounter that problem!!! Where is talend's response???
One Star

Nobody reply? 3Q for replying!
One Star

This is a bump to my question, since no one has yet addressed it, except to move it to a new section.
Employee

Would you please netstat -a and/or change the default JBoss ports. My first reaction to your post is that the port is already in use.
See the table at the bottom of http://talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=mdmce:installation_guide
As for the message: when the "Auto Upgrade" service wakes up, it looks for the persistence layer ("XML Server") to migrate the database, if it needs to. It will keep pinging until it's up. In your case the web container of JBoss, which deploys the "XML Server", never completed, so it will indeed ping forever.
One Star

3Q, ctoum. Yes, I have changed default JBoss ports to 8008, so "Auto Upgrade. XML Server not ready. Retrying in 5 seconds"
One Star

Hello,
I had the same issue (port 8080 was used by Oracle Application Console).
I resolved changing the ports as described in the document above.
I still got some minor errors when starting the JBoss server but they did not affect the MDM application
One Star

I have an MDM database on a Windows server that was working but now does not display the Webinterface. I have tried several things including running nletstat -an which does not show any of the default ports as being in use when the MDM is not running.
The problem seems to be that services are not starting. I get this message
WARN (mainSmiley Happy Problem starting service jboss:service=NamingBeanImpl
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial
and later I get this one which seems to be realated.
ERROR (mainSmiley Happy Caught exception during startService()
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:645)
Can anyone help?