Five Stars

Displaying MDM Error Message for every single search

Dear All,

We have successfully designed and deployed the MDM Model/Container since the launch of TOS-MDM-6.4.1.

However, since today for every single record selection on the WEB-UI, am getting this pop-up as error message: 

"Could not create storage 'XYZ' with data model 'XYZ'.; nested exception is:

com.amalto.core.util.XtentisException: Unable to single search :: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create storage 'XYZ' with data model 'XYZ'"

Please note:

1. Application still working as expected though without breaking.

2. I have my MODEL & CONTAINER have same labels

3. Re-started to see if any memory over-heads.

What is the cause and fix to this erratic behaviour?

Appreciate any quick suggestions or work-around to fix this.

Thanks in advance,

Jagadish.

6 REPLIES

Re: Displaying MDM Error Message for every single search

Hello,

Is your MDM data Container valid? Any custom type in data model?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Dear Sabrina,

How do I check if the container is valid or corrupted?

I can read from the data container as well as write back.

FYI,

I have re-started the MDM server and everything came back as normal (along with this error message) and application is still running without any issues.

I have checked the MDM server logs and I see this:

2017-09-07 15:27:30,408 INFO [com.amalto.core.server.StorageAdminImpl] Container 'RUS_SFE_POSITIONS' does not exist.
2017-09-07 15:27:32,255 INFO [com.amalto.core.storage.datasource.DataSourceFactory] Reading from datasource file at 'D:\Talend_MDM_641\conf\datasources.xml'.
2017-09-07 15:27:32,930 INFO [com.amalto.core.storage.datasource.DataSourceFactory] Reading from datasource file at 'D:\Talend_MDM_641\conf\datasources.xml'.
2017-09-07 15:27:32,992 ERROR [com.amalto.core.server.DefaultItem] Unable to single search: : java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create storage 'RUS_SFE_POSITIONS' with data model 'RUS_SFE_POSITIONS'.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create storage 'RUS_SFE_POSITIONS' with data model 'RUS_SFE_POSITIONS'.
at com.amalto.core.server.StorageAdminImpl.create(Unknown Source)
at com.amalto.core.server.StorageAdminImpl.get(Unknown Source)
at com.amalto.core.server.DefaultItem.count(Unknown Source)

<ABOVE MESSAGE REPEATS>

Why is it saying container does not exists while my application is still running perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Five Stars

Dear All,

I tried to see what is the root cause of this error and below are my observations:

ATTEMPT#1:

1. Re-created entire project in a different server while replicating the existing model/container/entity_schemata.

2. Imported data into the Entity from Web-Console - Done successfully.

3. Web-Console is not showing the error message & Application is running fine.

ATTEMPT#2:

1. Updating the Entity from TOS-MDM custom job explicitly, I have checked/enabled the option "Add task id" (with value = "TOS_DI_641_SERVER") - Done successfully.

3. Web-Console SHOWS ERROR MESSAGE but Application is running fine.

Please let me know if this is a bug in the product.

Thanks in advance,

Jagadish.

Hello,

Is it a random issue for you? Could you please give us more steps to repro your issue? Does this issue occuer when you select single search on WEB UI?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Dear Sabrina,

I have attached the images for you to reproduce the issue.

What I have done?

1. TOS-MDM - Load data into ENTITY/CONTAINER without enabling "Add task id" option - CLEAN

2. TOS-MDM - Load data into ENTITY/CONTAINER by enabling "Add task id" option with value "TOS-MDM-641-ETL" - CORRUPTED

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Jagadish.

Five Stars

Dear Sabrina,

Let me know if you could re-produce the issue with the images attached above.

Please let me know what would be the Cause & Fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Jagadish.