Talend Component kit , is it possible to create a component with no Inputs and ouputs?

Six Stars

Talend Component kit , is it possible to create a component with no Inputs and ouputs?

Hi Taco-kit team,

Is it possible to create a component that does some processing without making use of inputs and outputs in Taco-kit?   From the documentation, processing components can  only be of types output and processing in both cases  there is a default input data line, which  is required for the component to start processing, i have a use case whereby the component does some configurations without the need of any inputs or outputs. I thought i could make use of a processing component and connect a subjob ok, as boolean to its input and continue with the processing but this is also not possible. I am doing something wrong or is such a component  type not yet available in Taco-kit?

Thanks and 

best regards

Samba

Employee

Re: Talend Component kit , is it possible to create a component with no Inputs and ouputs?

Hello @Sam1,

Actually, we don't provide this kind of components in tacokit. The API only provides a way to create components that read/write and process data.

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: Talend Component kit , is it possible to create a component with no Inputs and ouputs?

Hi Anas,

thanks for the info, so this means  the old way with javajet will be around for quite a long time right?, there is alot one can do with it as compared to tacokit. 

thanks

Samba 

Employee

The javajet will continue to exist as long as we have a component relying on it in the studio.

We strongly recommend using tacokit for writing data processing components.

For components that don't handle any data, you may continue to use the javajet.
Also, tacokit may provide an API for this kind of components in the future. But for the moment, it's not the case.

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog