Problems to create a custom component

Highlighted
Six Stars

Problems to create a custom component

Hello,

I'm facing an unknown issue when I try to create my talend component using Talend Component Kit 1.1.16. I performed all steps in this tutorial https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.1.1/tutorial-create-my-first-component.html. When I run the commando mvnw to install the component in my talend home, the command work fine and show the message that build success. However, when I restart the Talend Open Studio, I can't see the tutorial component in Palette view. Below is the log showing the build success:

Capture.PNG

I also tried to install the component using the talend-component:car and generating the .car file and executing the command studio-deploy. However, the command informs that the .jar file already exists. See below:Capture 2.PNG

Can anyone help me with this? Below is the softwares that I'm using:

- TOS Big Data 7.2.1

- IntelliJ Idea

- Talend Component Kit 1.1.16

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Problems to create a custom component

Hello,

I don't think there is a way to use a previous version of the Starter, unfortunately, if that's what you mean by plugin. But you can still change the version of the Component Kit used in your project by updating its root .pom file. See the second section here: https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.1.16/compatibility.html

Hope this helps,

Florent

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello,

A few hints that can hopefully help you getting through your problem:

• Have you customized the icon of your component and of the component family? I believe the default ones can cause this type of issue. See Troubleshooting section here: https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.1.17/studio-from-car.html. I will have this info included and highlighted in the tutorial you followed. 
  • For Studio 7.2, it's recommended to use the 1.1.4 version of the Component Kit. This does not mean that this is the problem, but above 1.1.4, there might be a few issues, even if the framework tries to evolve without breaking changes.

Hope this helps,

Florent

Highlighted
Six Stars

Hello @fleborgne,

Thank you for your reply.

After doing some troubleshooting, I could deploy the component to the studio. However, was in some way strange, because first I've tried to execute the deploy in studio, after that I tried the command to copy tat .car file to the studio, and doesn't work. In the last try, I executed the command maven-deploy passing the --location to "TOS_BD-20190620_1446-V7.2.1\configuration\configuration\", and after start the TOS, the component was there. This is strange because, after performed some changes in the component, I could update it in TOS using the command "mvnw talend-component:deploy-in-studio -Dtalend.component.studioHome="<path to Talend Open Studio home>"".

About the component kit, how can I install the 1.1.4 version? Is there a step-by-step to get this? I've tried to install via IntelliJ, but it doesn't get to us the option to choose the version, in the otherwise, I've tried to download the version 1.1.4 in IntelliJ plugin website and add to the plugins folder in IntelliJ path, but when I started the software, in the plugin options shows that the 1.1.16 is installed and not the 1.1.4.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Employee

Hello,

I don't think there is a way to use a previous version of the Starter, unfortunately, if that's what you mean by plugin. But you can still change the version of the Component Kit used in your project by updating its root .pom file. See the second section here: https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.1.16/compatibility.html

Hope this helps,

Florent

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Six Stars

Thank you fleborgne,

Your answers was very helpful.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog