Dev Mode not working

Six Stars

Dev Mode not working

Hey,

When I'm adding component.environment=dev to my config.ini to get that handy refresh button, it ends up in my studio not being able to start.

Even removing the line from the config won't fix it. I have to delete all the org.* lines from the config or reinstall the whole Studio in order to fix it.

Fresh TDF 7.0.1 install on Windows 10. Does it work for other people? Is this a known issue?

Employee

Re: Dev Mode not working

Hello,
Can you please provide the studio logs. you can found them in [studio installation folder]/workspace/.meatadat folder.

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello,

This works for me. Also did fresh install of 7.0.1 on windows 10 and add component.environment=dev to config.ini. I do not have startup problems, but the 'handy' button does not show up in studio.

For refreshing components I us CTRL+SHIFT+F3 like  in 'old' way and that does the trick. The component gets refreshed in studio without restarting.

Employee

Hello,

The CTRL+SHIFT+F3 cmd is only for javajet components.
For the new Framework, only the reload button can be used to reload the component in the studio. This let you reload the new ui definition of the components and it's metadata if it have any.
If your modification concerns only the runtime part (not the configuration classes) the reload is not necessary as the runtime jars are loaded when you execute your job, so you will get the last deployed version every time.

If you have any issues with this feature, please provide us the studio logs so that we can help with it.

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Aha, That explains why I thought the ctrl+shift+f3 was working for me.

Thank you for clearing that up.