Talend exchange performance

Talend exchange performance

Is it me or the overall user experience on exchange.talend.com is terrible? Is it still maintained?

• Ajax takes an eternity to get a response (same with help.talend.com)
  • Search is not fuzzy
  • Let's say you searched for "pdf", you got a list of matching components. Then you want to view the first result, you can't open it in new tab, okay, but you can't go back to previous page (search result) with previous state. E-v-e-r-y-s-i-n-g-l-e-t-i-m-e, you have make a new search, and repeat the process.

Currently, I can't even open it on my brave browser, no problem with Firefox though. The tab increasingly eats memory until the browser (and soon the computer) become unresponsive.

4 Comments
Community Manager

Hello navds

I have escalated a ticket to the hosting vendor of exchange.talend.com to report the performance issue. I agree with you this is pretty painful. I will chase them up. 

I confirm that a result cannot be open in another tab, I'll request that they change this. But the back button did take me back to the result page.

Also, I didn't reproduce the same perf issue on help.talend.com, can you let me know more about it?

Elisa

(will be away next week so don't expect quick response from me.)

Four Stars

Following up this topic - I'm unable to open exchange.talend.com image.png

Tried to connect to exchange via the software as well but got nothing:image.png

I'd like to install tUnpivotRow package.. where else can I get it beyond the exchange site?

Community Manager

Hi @xuli 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Did you manage to download the package at last? 

I can't reproduce the issue but will investigate with the vendor.

Cheers,

Elisa

One Star

Thanks for this. This worked exactly as expected. 9apps