tMap: RDBMS Table Output.

One Star

tMap: RDBMS Table Output.

Bonjour,

I'm new to Talend.

I have created the following mapping as a POC:

AccessDB(AllSponsors) --(Sponsor (Main))--> tMap --(ACCNT_CUT(Main order:1))--> tLogRow_1
|
(ACCOUNT(Main order:2))
|
v
tLogRow_2

It works. I can see the results in all the columns I want when I run the process.

In the next step, I want to "dump" both results into two already existing Oracle tables. I do not want to modify the schema of the tables. I just want to use them to put the data in. Everytime I press the + sign on the out side of the tMap, I'm creating a new output table.

What should I do to use an existing Oracle table instead?

tLogRow_1 contains a subset of columns of tOracleOutput_1 which is pointing to a different table name than the one specified (ACCOUNT) within tMap.

Is there a way to replace tLogRow_1 with tOracleOutput_1?

Thanks.
PM
Community Manager

Re: tMap: RDBMS Table Output.

Hello
Is there a way to replace tLogRow_1 with tOracleOutput_1?

1)If you don't need to add external columns or delete some columns for database table, you can use a tOracleOutput instead of tLogRow directly. like:
tMap --(ACCNT_CUT(Main order:1))--> tOracleOutput_1

2)If you need to add some external columns or delete some columns for database table, you can add a tMap component, then linked to a tOracleOutput component. like:
tMap_1 --(ACCNT_CUT(Main order:1))--> tLogRow_1-->tMap_2-->tOracleOutput _1

PS: The really table name for inserting data into database table is defined on tOracleOutput, not the table name on tMap component.

Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks.

I tried what you suggested but it was not a success.

I'm still not sure about the following:

Is the table defined in tMap on the Out side needs to be exactly the same as the one declared in the tOracleOutput or can it simply be a subset of the columns defined in the 'real' table in tOracleOutput?

How do I create a "Row Connection" in tMap?

PS: My restrictions are that I cannot modify the scheama of the target db tables and they contain around 300 columns that I do not want to replicate in tMap since I only need to populate a dozen of columns in each table!!!

Thanks.
PM
One Star

Just realized that the commit was 10000 records and I stopped the process before the run finished.

I worked.

Cheers.
PM

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog