save failed - no more handles

Highlighted
One Star

save failed - no more handles

installed talend v5.1.1
when go to make a change in a talend project and save, getting this error & have to close down talend
any ideas

Re: save failed - no more handles

Hi, dmac

Would you mind providing more details to us? We don't reproduce your issue. Perhaps, you could do it one more time to check if the issue appear again?

Best Regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi

Yeah, it happens every time i try to save, get a msg pop up saying 'save failed - no more handles'
One Star

hi

this can be closed

i increased the memory size which seems to resolve it

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. If someone has the similar issue with you, he can get the way to resolve it.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

The same issue. Could not save. Increasing memory did not help. Any suggestions. Thank you.
One Star

Here is how I increased the memory:

Open TOS_DI_Win32-x86.ini,
Change:
-Xms64m
-Xmx768m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

To:
-Xms500m
-Xmx768m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

This won't help. If I modify Xms64m, Talend will not start.

I always receive the error message, Save failed, no more handles. Can you help please.

Thank you.

Hi,

What is your system? Win 7 32 bit? Please refer to the KB article Allocating more memory to Talend Studio and Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

This happens a lot in 5.0.2 as well.
One Star

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. My system is Window 7 64 bit. I have installed TOS-win32-x86

I opened the TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini, increased the xmx from 768m to 1099m. Still can not save.
If I increase the value bigger than 2000, the talend won't start- Failed to create Java Virtual Machine.

I can not use Talend because of this issue.

Thank you for your help again.

Hi,
My system is Window 7 64 bit. I have installed TOS-win32-x86

I think you should use TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe and edit the TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file.
See my screenshot

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I did a system restore and the problem go away. I also installed the correct version. Runs great.

Thank you for your help Sabrina.

Hi,

It is a good news, thanks for your feedback. Feel free post your issue on forum.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
is there any new solution on this bug? 
I receive constant this error message after working a wile with Talend. It is very annoying to use Talend. And in my opinion it is a general bug. I could not be the solution to increase the max. memory consumption till the Java Virtual machine barely starts or make a system restore as Xia wrote to only save a small job with a source tmap and a destination. Sorry, but it's ridiculous. Sorry but to work with Talend frustrating me.  
I Use Talend 5.5.1. Platform for MDM 32bit. (I cannot use the 64bit)
I receive the message when I am in a tMap component and I want to exit this component and Talend tries to save the changes. 
There any other option to prevent this error?

Thanks and regards
Michael

Hi Michael,
You are using tMap in your job? Have you already checked the KB article about:TalendHelpCenterSmiley SurprisedutOfMemory
We would suggest that you should report a ticket on Talend Support Portal with your subscription version Talend 5.5.1. Platform for MDM so that we can give you a remote assistance on your issue through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
thanks for fast answering. Unfortunately your KB article did not describe the problem that I have. I think my post was wrote misleading. Sorry for that. The problem is not the memory adjustments of the JVM. I know this issue. I give the JVM about 4GB and my load works fine.

I try to explain the main problem some more in detail and when it raise.
1. I open a project. So far so good.
2. I add a tMap do some adjustments as joins generate an output. So far so good.
3. I do some testing and loading of data to the destination (CSV file). Only some million rows. So far so good all works fine.
4. I open a new Job and do the same as 1 - 3. So far so good. 
5. I reenter the tMap regarding do some other adjustment then I try apply my adjustment and try to exit the tMap. bang!
6. I receive the "no more handles" error message.

And the most annoying on this bug is, that I cannot do anything anymore because every click on any button or what ever raise the same error. And saving is impossible. I have to close complete Talend and reopen the project and if I did not save before all work is gone. And after some working as described above. The error occurs again.

I Added a Screenshot. You see I do only simple talend basics no big voodoo.

I don't believe that the support can really help my on this topic so fast. Maybe I will raise a ticket, but I need a workaround now. I have to deliver and cannot wait till some guy looks onto that topic and say "Yep, sorry boy, I have no idea".

However. I read between the lines of your answer that I am the one and only person of the world that have this particular problem with Talend? I feel so lonely.

Anyway. For all that many thanks. I go back now and enjoy this Talend experience furthermore. 

Thanks and regards
Michael

Hi,
Can you upload again the screenshots you wanted to show, please? For some reason it didn't make it to your post.
Could you please report a ticket on Talend Support Portal? Actually, it's not easy for us to diagnose your issue from "words". We need to check your job setting, work flow design, configuration by a remote assistance to see if there is a better workaround for your urgency.

Best regards
Sabrina
--

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog