I was getting an sql query issue after adding a 'use index' clause to my query. This query works from DBVis, so i thought it was probably a driver issue.
I did a find on all the installed mysql jars in the TMDMCE-Studio-All-r50363-V4.1.1 directory and then copied my mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar file to all found locations and removed the older jars.
Then from the gui, i went into window/preferences/talend/data explorer.JDBC drivers/MySql Driver and removed the old entry and added the new entry to the Extra Classpath tab.
However after restarting eclipse, and trying to Check the previously working db connections, I get a connection error and stack trace with "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver".
I then went into plugins/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.mysql_4.1.1.r50363/META-INF and edited the MANIFEST.MF as it was still pointing at the old jar in the Bundle-Classpath, but this still did not resolve the ClassNotFound exception.
Here is where i copied the jar to: ./plugins/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.mysql_4.1.1.r50363/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar ./plugins/org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_4.1.1.r50363/components/tMysqlInput/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar ./lib/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar
Please could someone advise as to what else needs to be done to update a driver.