[resolved] upgrading mysql driver question

One Star

[resolved] upgrading mysql driver question

Hi,

I was getting an sql query issue after adding a 'use index' clause to my query. This query works from DBVis, so i thought it was probably a driver issue.

I did a find on all the installed mysql jars in the TMDMCE-Studio-All-r50363-V4.1.1 directory and then copied my mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar file to all found locations and removed the older jars.

Then from the gui, i went into window/preferences/talend/data explorer.JDBC drivers/MySql Driver and removed the old entry and added the new entry to the Extra Classpath tab.

However after restarting eclipse, and trying to Check the previously working db connections, I get a connection error and stack trace with "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver".

I then went into plugins/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.mysql_4.1.1.r50363/META-INF and edited the MANIFEST.MF as it was still pointing at the old jar in the Bundle-Classpath, but this still did not resolve the ClassNotFound exception.

Here is where i copied the jar to:
./plugins/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.mysql_4.1.1.r50363/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar
./plugins/org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_4.1.1.r50363/components/tMysqlInput/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar
./lib/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar

Please could someone advise as to what else needs to be done to update a driver.

Thanks in advance

Re: [resolved] upgrading mysql driver question

you need to use the gjt (older) driver.
One Star

Re: [resolved] upgrading mysql driver question

Thanks, it was my tired eyes and not the 'use index' that was causing the issue

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog