[resolved] tFileExcelSheetOutput/Save generated file need to be repaired

One Star

[resolved] tFileExcelSheetOutput/Save generated file need to be repaired

Hello,
This is a question more or less for JLolling, although if anybody else can give me ideas that is awesome!
When I open the newly generated books, they have to be repaired; it shows the following text:
"Excel found unreadable content in file.xls. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?..."
This is a problem mainly because I have to generate close to 80 workbooks for distribution...
Any ideas as to what it may be?
Thank you, 
Gábor
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] tFileExcelSheetOutput/Save generated file need to be repaired

Hi,
what I cam say for sure is, this is not a general problem because I have just finished a huge project using this component and delivering Excel files to customers.
Could you send me more details about the schema and data types or probably could you send me your job? I know sometimes the Apache POI API causes corrupt Excel files and unfortunately I do not know exactly the reason. 
One Star

Thank you, that is what I thought.
In what format could I send you my job? I can certainly send you the template file. Where should these be posted? I could send you one of the resulting files, but I cannot post it here.  
Seventeen Stars

Great, please export the job as Job Items and provide also your Excel template file. I will try to create a test job which is similar to yours and try to reproduce the problem. Thanks a lot for your support.
email: jan.lolling@gmail.com
Seventeen Stars

It looks like a problem with your Excel template file. I sent you a new Excel template which works fine for me and please tell me if it works for you to. My way to create the table was to create the data sheet with the headers and after that, I have selected the header row (only the columns with a header) and the first data row (empty yet) and use the create table functionality of Excel.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog