[resolved] Talend openstudio to connect remote workspace, failed to open.

One Star

[resolved] Talend openstudio to connect remote workspace, failed to open.

I have opened the talend 5.2.2 enterprise data integration Open studio and setup Remote workspace connection and opened but got the below error could you please help me what i have to do to fix the error.

Subversion installed - CollabNetSubversionEdge-4.0.6_linux-x86_64; Operating system linux where subversion installed.
Using tortoise svn 1.8.6 client in Windows 7 64 bit system to checkin and checkout and workspace of open studio also present in windows system.

Log details:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: The path 'D:\SVNREPOS\PreProd\TESTCODE' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
working copy.  Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this
working copy.

at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:286)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:295)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:245)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:217)

at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1727)

at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(LoginDialog.java:372)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: The path 'D:\SVNREPOS\PreProd\TALEND_MAIN_CODE' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
working copy.

at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.checkOut(SvnEclipseHandler.java:99)

at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.checkoutProject(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:710)

at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:277)

... 6 more

Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: The path 'D:\SVNREPOS\PreProd\TALEND_MAIN_CODE' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
working copy.

at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:778)

Re: [resolved] Talend openstudio to connect remote workspace, failed to open.

Hi prem.kc,

When installing SVN, do you select the option "support commanline"? Have you attempted to re-install the SVN client and Talend Client  to see if everything is going well?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I have attached the screen shot for commandline support which i have added as part of svn client installation. Can you please check and confirm that the one?

Hi,

Have you tried to re-install the SVN client and Talend Studio to see if it is OK with you?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Yes i have reinstalled svn, I use talend 5.2.2 Enterprise data integration open studio its a zip not an installable i have deleted and unzipped again and tested it did not work.

Anything i need to correct.

Regards,
Prem
Seventeen Stars

hi all,

It remind me a problem between svn version & tortoise :

The path 'D:\SVNREPOS\PreProd\TALEND_MAIN_CODE' appears to be part of a Subversion 1.7 or greater
working copy.  Please upgrade your Subversion client to use this
working copy.

take a look at this error and conflict version.

edit : googlize your error & seems that v 1.8 correct conflict

hope it helps
regards

laurent

Hi,

Is it OK with you when you update the SVNkit like the error said ?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Yes its ok for me to change the svn client. If you have suggested svn client which matches the v1.7 please let me know. In parallel i will check from my side.

Regards,
Prem
One Star

hi all,
thanks to sabrina and others who try to help me.
I got the fix for my question from another active member of this forum Will Munji (willm). Luckily i got a chance to meet him in person Thanks will for you help.

Resolution:  I should not check in the files directly into svn manually and open the project using (remote - workspace pointed to svn location) this is was the root cause of the issue. i have deleted the workspace created a new workspace connected to remote svn location then imported the project which was created already and then it automatically checks in the code into svn repository.

Once again thanks to will munji to help me on this.

Regards,
Prem

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog