[resolved] Slow Updates on tMap

One Star

[resolved] Slow Updates on tMap

Simple update mapping from MSSql Server 2005 table 1 to 1 relationship. We have an index on the mapped files on our Input Data which is a glorified Temp Table. We use a TMap and map across 3 fields (Varchar, Short, and Date) and updated the fourth field a Date. We are getting a throughput of 15 rows per second. Is this normal? Seems very slow.

We've played around with the Commit Number and buffer size and Batch size and threading. Nothing seems to speed it up. Are we doing anything wrong? We are using TMSSqlInput, TMap, and TMSSqlOutput.

We are testing this product trying to decide if we should buy the product or not.

Rick Peterson
Senior Programmer
Omnisys LLC
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Slow Updates on tMap

Hello
We are getting a throughput of 15 rows per second. Is this normal? Seems very slow.

It is abnormal. Gennerally, the performance issue base on your db setting, network, and machine configuation. Can you upload some screenshots of your job?
Here I do a simple test, I pass 1000000 rows and I can get 11784.25rows/s, my MSSQL server 2005 is installed on another machine.

Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: [resolved] Slow Updates on tMap

Thank you...did a bit more digging and it is our side...There's a trigger that is causing some serious overhead.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog