[resolved] Remote TAC login

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] Remote TAC login

hello team-

I have installed Talend 5.4.2 in one machine that we have login through RDP via VPN connection. When I check admin url http://<Ip Address>:8080/org.talend.administrator/ is working fine.

but when I check from my local desktop, it says, page can not be displayed.

I am able to ping the host IP from my local machine.

I my earlier project, I was able to login to their TAC from my local machine so I am not sure what could be the reason I am not able to access TAC from my local desktop.

Please help me to resolve this.

Re: [resolved] Remote TAC login

Hi,

Is your http://localhost:8080/ working well? Is there org.talend.administrator.war file under your local machine <Server>\apache-tomcat-xxx\webapps?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

in my local desktop, i did not install tomcat and therefore did not place admin war file. I do not think i need to install tomcat on my local system as I did not do this in my last project.

Hi,

Did you want to connect to remote TAC? If so, did you start tomcat in the machine which installed talend studio and TAC? Any firewall was turned on?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

yes I want to access remote TAC. Tomcat is running on remote machine. I need to check on firewall setting. Will let you know.
One Star

Hey Sabina- I am able to ping my remote machine from my local machine. I do not think any firewall is turn on? any thing specific I need to check on firewall side in remote machine.

Hi,

Could you please use command: telnet <Ip server> 8080 in your cmd to see if it is working?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have executed telnet command in my local machine and it gives...

"Could not open connection to host, on port 8080: Connect failed.

What I need to do from here Smiley Sad . Does that mean port 8080 is not open in my local machine?

Hi,

Did you start tomcat in the machine which installed talend studio and TAC?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

yes. It is already started. TAC is working on remote machine but not in local machine.

Hi adam719,

We would suggest you to connect to the Support portal and log your request, so that we can give you a remote assistance through the support cycle.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Sure. Thanks

Hi,

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hey Sabrina- There was a firewall issue. add port and now TAC is working on remote machine.

Hi adam719,

Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Hello Expert,

talend TAC installend on one machine we are working on talend 6.0 fabric. JDK 7 is instllend on that machine.
I am connecting through VPN and able to connect to TAC through browser. but when i configure my ID in studio on my local machine 
am unable to connect.
so for testing i logged in to Machine via RDP where talend TAC is installed , their am able to configure remote connection in studio.
I tried by firewall off option but not working.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi,
but when i configure my ID in studio on my local machine 
am unable to connect.

What's your OS on your local machine? Your TAC and studio are on different machines? Is there any error information whe you are unable to connect?
More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

My local machine running on windows 7
TAC in installend on windows server 2012 R2 standard remote machine.

I want to connect studio to remote repository from my local machine. 

I am able to login TAC by below URL. 

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog