[resolved] NullPointerException problem

One Star

[resolved] NullPointerException problem

I have a scenario where several delimited files are downloaded, enumerated, then loaded into an MS SQL database.

tJava is being used to figure out which file is the current and then branch into breaking out the delimited file and insert/update into a specific table from there.

Everything works as expected until it hits tMSSqlOutput where it produces:
Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_2
java.lang.NullPointerException

Here's my flow:

In tMap, I have tried adding code to handle incoming nulls.

Thanks in advance.
One Star

Re: [resolved] NullPointerException problem

after the java.lang.NullPointerException you have information of line number where is the error. This will help to find it in the code.
When the error occurs, you have 0 row transfered, so try to check if there is not a problem with database configuration in the MSSqlOutput module ?
Otherwise, remember that Description is the key and cannot be null.
One Star

Re: [resolved] NullPointerException problem

Thanks - it's always something simple that gets overlooked.

In this case, as indicated by Neth, I was referring to a saved MSSQL database connection, which seemed to right in that it threw no exceptions when I ran the job. When I transferred the database connection information to the MSSSqlOutput component itself, I received a different stack trace, which gave more relevant information and enabled me to quickly diagnose and resolve this problem.

talend is an amazing product that has already saved me a significant amount of time with data synchronization.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog