[resolved] Not able to connect to Oracle 11g BPLORA

One Star

[resolved] Not able to connect to Oracle 11g BPLORA

Hi,
   I'm trying to connect from talend to my oracle database. but i'm not able to connect through TOOL.
I have attached screen shots. When use "check" button in meta data, its giving "Socket read timeout" !!
please let me know where i'm going wrong. this is really urgent. 

Thanks,
AKKI
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Not able to connect to Oracle 11g BPLORA

Your configuration looks quite typically. But this does not mean we could validate it. If you get an Socket read timeout you have a network problem and this is not caused by Talend Studio. Do you have checked you configuration with a different tool like SQLDeveloper or similar?
In case you do not have any other tool available you could use telnet to check the connectivity on the TCP level.
telnet 172.20.0.118 1521
It is a success if you do not get an network error message.
By the way 172 sounds like a network problem (self assigned network address or an internal network. Could it be you are trying to connect to a VM?
One Star

Hi jlolling,
           Thank you for response. That's not virtual machine. and i tried to connect from my TOOL server to 118 server. Its working fine.
Output as follows :
"nmap -p 1521 172.20.0.118

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-09-08 11:14 IST
Nmap scan report for 172.20.0.118
Host is up (0.00052s latency).
PORT     STATE SERVICE
1521/tcp open  oracle

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.08 seconds
"
i have connected to vertica DB and mysql DB with metadata(in different different servers). but now i am not able to connect to Oracle DB. i checked forum and tried same way but still no result.. :-(

Regards,
AKKI
Seventeen Stars

Looks good. OK now I have also no idea just now. Could it be a matter of different users (running nmap and Talend)?
Probably the problem is on a more abstract level of the communication. Please try any other SQL JDBC based tool (like SQLDelevoper or other more simple one like SQuirrel). 

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog