[resolved] How to Propagate changes to a Context for all jobs after updating it?

One Star

[resolved] How to Propagate changes to a Context for all jobs after updating it?

In my iterations for my projects, I frequently add new context variables to the Context in my repository (I'm not sure if this feature is available to TOS). I would like for the added context variables to propagate to all jobs that use the context. By default, this does not happen, and I have to go through each and every subjob, manually setting its context to the updated context.
How can this happen automatically?
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] How to Propagate changes to a Context for all jobs after updating it?

Not now currently. Probably one could do such work with some XML processing over the item files. 
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] How to Propagate changes to a Context for all jobs after updating it?

hi all,

in  fact, exist in a hidden option Smiley Wink in  Windows -> prefrences -> Talend -> performance :

propagate add/delete variable change in repository contexts

formely in performance because it's was an hungry one I guess. Not sure it's still true right now.
hope it help
regards
laurent
One Star

kzone wrote:
hi all,

in  fact, exist in a hidden option Smiley Wink in  Windows -> prefrences -> Talend -> performance :

propagate add/delete variable change in repository contexts

formely in performance because it's was an hungry one I guess. Not sure it's still true right now.
hope it help
regards
laurent

Thank you Kzone! This solution worked (it did take my machine a while but much faster than manually doing it for the plethora of subjobs).

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog