missing SSLeay32.dll error message as well as DBD-Pg?

One Star

missing SSLeay32.dll error message as well as DBD-Pg?

WIN XP machine
I get a SSLEAY32.dll missing error when I display the Modules view. I'm not sure how to fix this error. I've found other SSLEAY32.dll on my machine in other application folders and tried using one of those but then I get other errors. What do I try?
I also noticed that even though I installed DBD:Smiley Tongueg the program cannot seem to find this module. How do I fix this?
TIA
Patrick
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: missing SSLeay32.dll error message as well as DBD-Pg?

Hello,
With an WIN XP Machine, the DBD-Pg Module perl for PostgreSQL is not present, it's defined in the Installation documentation.
You can download it at this URL : http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/955/DBD-Pg-5.8.ppd
Save this module in your Disk, by example (C:\DBD-Pg.ppd, you can rename this file).
Finally you install this module Locally with your Command Console.
C:\ppm install C:\DBD-Pg.ppd
The module extracting and installing itself.
How installation have you following ?

For further information, you can report to Installation guide.
Regards.

All Replies
One Star

Sorry. Forgot the error mesage. I did confirm that the Pg.dll is in the location specified on line 1:
install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.dll' for module DBD:Smiley Tongueg: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 7) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 7) line 3.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at C:\TOS-Win32-20061004-1934-V1\TOS-Win32-20061004-1934-V1\workspace\.Perl\TEST.process_MyFirstDBUpload.pl line 253
Employee

Hello,
With an WIN XP Machine, the DBD-Pg Module perl for PostgreSQL is not present, it's defined in the Installation documentation.
You can download it at this URL : http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/955/DBD-Pg-5.8.ppd
Save this module in your Disk, by example (C:\DBD-Pg.ppd, you can rename this file).
Finally you install this module Locally with your Command Console.
C:\ppm install C:\DBD-Pg.ppd
The module extracting and installing itself.
How installation have you following ?

For further information, you can report to Installation guide.
Regards.
One Star

Thanks. However, I stated that I did all the above and even confirmed that the Pg module was indeed installed. I'm not sure what to do next.
Employee

Hello,
You can verify your ActivePerl version to type "perl -v" in your command console.
If you have a different ActivePerl v5.8.8, you can uninstall your old ActivePerl version and install the new ActivePerl version (v5.8.8).
When you uninstall your old ActivePerl version, the "ppm modules" are not deleted.
They are available to use with the new ActivePerl version.

To uninstall ActivePerl v5.8.7, use the uninstaller of windows.
The last version ActivePerl v5.8.8 is here and choose the Msi Windows download.
After this install, type in your command console : ppm install http://dbdpgppm.projects.postgresql.org/DBD-Pg-5.8s.ppd to install the security DBD-Pg module.
Regards.
One Star

I have applied all said fixes still i cant have postgres driver enabled in the module list. Can anyone let me know a better approach to this issue?
Thanks.
One Star

Worked for me, I also made sure I had dbd-pg v1.49 the latest version.
ppm rep add jeneric.org http://www.jeneric.org/ppms/
ppm install dbd-pg
Perhaps that might help, though this is a real old thread.
One Star

This issue is still out there for me. I am on Perl 5.10.1 and have tried all of the above. The latest is that it can not find any package that provides dbd-pg. I am going to try to use the 5.8 version.
One Star

I went to trouchelle.com http://trouchelle.com/perl/ppmrepview.pl and used their instructions to load DBD:Smiley Tongueg. This worked as I can see it in the ppm manager but Talend still can not see it. The error is
install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't locate DBD/Pg.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Talend3.1.4/TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4/workspace/.Perl C:\Talend3.1.4\TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4\lib\perl C:/Talend3.1.4/TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4/plugins/org.talend.resources_3.1.4.r29781/resources/perl/lib C:/Talend3.1.4/TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4/plugins/org.talend.resources_3.1.4.r29781/resources/perl/site/lib .) at (eval 14) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD:Smiley Tongueg perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'Pg' isn't right.
Since it is looking only in the Talend directories for the perl resource, I presume that this is the problem. I copied the Pg.pm to C:\Talend3.1.4\TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4\plugins\org.talend.resources_3.1.4.r29781\resources\perl\site\lib\DBD directory.
The error then was this:
install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't locate loadable object for module DBD:Smiley Tongueg in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Talend3.1.4/TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4/workspace/.Perl C:\Talend3.1.4\TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4\lib\perl C:/Talend3.1.4/TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4/plugins/org.talend.resources_3.1.4.r29781/resources/perl/lib C:/Talend3.1.4/TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4/plugins/org.talend.resources_3.1.4.r29781/resources/perl/site/lib .) at (eval 14) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 14) line 3.
Perhaps a module that DBD:Smiley Tongueg requires hasn't been fully installed
at C:\Talend3.1.4\TOS-All-r29781-V3.1.4\workspace\.Perl\ONLINE_APPLICATIONS.job_applystmuToONLAPP_0.1.pl line 1824
Looking at the Pg.pm file it calls DynaLoader, Exporter, and DBI. I installed Exporter and DBI using ppm to the perl and site areas. It did not find DynaLoader but did find XSLoader.
The error remains the same... anyone have suggestions?
One Star

WIN XP machine
I get a SSLEAY32.dll missing error when I display the Modules view. I'm not sure how to fix this error. I've found other SSLEAY32.dll on my machine in other application folders and tried using one of those but then I get other errors. What do I try?
I also noticed that even though I installed DBD:Smiley Tongueg the program cannot seem to find this module. How do I fix this?
TIA
Patrick

Hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/ssleay32.dll/
The problem is due to the ssleay32.dll file. You can find solution here...just follow the link. Smiley Happy
One Star

Note: To get the DBD-Pg module to show as installed in talend I had to be sure the Environmental Path included the <path-to-Postgresql-bin> and the <path-toPostgresql-lib>. In my case that would be C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin; C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\lib;