help using command line to export at folder level

One Star

help using command line to export at folder level

Talend Studio 5.2.2 running on Windows 7

How can I export a folder and all jobs in it via command line?

At present, we export jobs by folder in the GUI. Right click on the folder and select Export Job. I get a nice .zip file containing all the jobs from the folder.

Now we want to automate the export process using the command line. I only see how to export a single job at a time:

exportJob Job1 -dd /deploy_dest -jc Test -jactc -jstats -af Job1

I do not see how this can be done at the folder level. I looked at exportItem but I find little help on using -if. And by little I mean none.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Seventeen Stars

Re: help using command line to export at folder level

As far as I know the commandline can only export one job at the same time. You have to call this command for every job you want to export. I would build a list using the meta servlet caller. This function has a list operation for jobs.
One Star

How exactly does this work? What is "exportJob"? Is it a parameter which can be given to TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe?
One Star

Thanks, jlolling, that was helpful.

rogierlommers, it is part of the commandLine application, but I am no expert so I can't speak to how it works for your particular installation.
Seventeen Stars

The commandline is actually nothing else as a Studio but without starting a GUI.
The commandline establishes a telnet server and the mentioned command is simply a telnet command with some options. If you have a professional or enterprise release you will be have an commandline and you would be able to try it. Type help on the telnet console and you will get a complete list of all commands.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch