distant execution?

One Star

distant execution?

I would like to ask if you plan to use a client/server application in that way that the scripts generated by Talend are executed out in a distant machine dedicated to do that.
One Star

Re: distant execution?

I would like to see an answer to this question as well. The documentation doesn't seem to detail how you remotely process the jobs on a remote ETL server/cluster. I would really like to use this product for the perl code generation aspect and the ability to modify that. However, I cannot process anything locally or through the client tool. To me, the client tool is just a medium to easily create the jobs. I want to know how I can execute these jobs on my ETL server(s) and collect statistical information on processing time, rows inserted/processed/etc, and know if any errors have occurred. I've seen about 3 or 4 threads asking this question and nobody responding. Can somebody from Talend please step in an impart some wisdom on how to do this?

Thank you
One Star

Indeed, it would be nice if we could deploy the generated script without leaving TOS.
Maybe it could be done through rsync, unison, ftp, scp, or at least just file copy ?
Employee

We are currently working on this subject. By the middle of the year, we should distribute this feature.
One Star

Hi plegall,

Is this feature you mentioned available for the recent version V2.1.2 of TOS? If so, how does it work?

Thanks.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog