One Star

blank rows

regularly I have blank rows generated by tmap. However in my sources there are no blank rows.

DBD:Smiley Surprisedracle::st execute failed: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("ULISET"."TAPEO"."TAPRE_COD") (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) at C:\talenv1\TOS-Win32-r1311-V1.1.0\workspace\.Perl\PLSI.job_Prestations.pl line 4610.
can't execute insert query
A thread exited while 2 threads were running.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: blank rows

My intuition is that TAPRE_COD field is filled with a lookup field. If the lookup has failed, the field is undef. If you want to avoid missing lookup, use the "inner join" check box. Is it relevant?
5 REPLIES
Employee

My intuition is that TAPRE_COD field is filled with a lookup field. If the lookup has failed, the field is undef. If you want to avoid missing lookup, use the "inner join" check box. Is it relevant?
One Star

I don't understand the way TOS works in my case. Here comes my job in a screenshot.
On tMap_1, I reject empty lines. So there should be no empty line in main output. It's even sure because insert in "prestation ULIS" table wouldn't be possible.
Empty lines seem to be created at tMap_3 level. No "inner join" issue because there is no join, only data transformation. I don't understand why I have this error message at tDBOutput_3 level:
DBD:Smiley Surprisedracle::st execute failed: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("ULISET"."TAPEO"."TAPRE_COD") (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) at C:\talenv1\TOS-Win32-r1311-V1.1.0\workspace\.Perl\PLSI.job_Prestations.pl line 4614.
can't execute insert query

Thanks for your help.
One Star

I think I understand the problem. Despite of the filtered output on tMap_1, even when a line is rejected, it still seems to be propagated on the output "branch" as an empty row (issue already spotted in 1.0)
On the new TOS version, no more error on a tDBOutput ("prestation ULIS") because TOS does not execute insert query with an empty line. But the line goes one until tMap_3 which give default values on some column. On tMap_3 output, the line is not empty anymore and tDBOutput_3 tries to insert it in the database, throwing an error.
Is my investigation correct?
I can avoid the problem with another filter in tMap_3 but I don't think it's the right thing to do because filter has already been applied in tMap_1. Could TOS simply prevent tMap from propagating an empty line?
Anyway, congratulations for your tool, even for a first version I find it already mature.
Employee

Is my investigation correct?

It's perfectly correct. We plan to solve this problem in the next few months. This problem is not easy to solve because it requires the whole job to understand the content of the filtered output of the tMap. mhirt and I are working on this.
One Star

OK and thank you for the translation ;-))