Using tOracleBulkExec in two parallel threads causes Resource Busy

Highlighted
One Star

Using tOracleBulkExec in two parallel threads causes Resource Busy

Hi,

I have a talend job(TDQ 4.1), in which we use a tOracleBulkexec to insert into a particular table.
But when there are two parallel threads running and trying to use tOracleBulkExec, then it is throwing Resource Busy: No wait Error.
How can I include a timeout period so that the second thread will wait for the first thread to complete. Do we have any option in tOracleBulkExec for that or do we need to run a query to give a timeout

Re: Using tOracleBulkExec in two parallel threads causes Resource Busy

Hi,

Can you set a timeout in Additional JDBC Parameter of Component tOracleBulkExec in Advanced settings?
What's your whole workflow? for your two running parallel threads, could you use some components TalendHelpCenter:tPostjob, tSleep to achieve your goal?
Feel free correct me if I make misunderstand your job design.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Using tOracleBulkExec in two parallel threads causes Resource Busy

thanks Sabrina
Sorry for the late reply. Thats a good suggestion we can use tsleep but we dont want the job to fail before going to tsleep.
Is there any way to check the table being in lock state and loop the condition till the lock is free.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality