Updating tMaps after updating output schemas

One Star

Updating tMaps after updating output schemas

I recently updated my Metadata schemas for all 800+ tables for my Postgres output database. This went through and autoupdated all tables, but now when I run a job I get an error because the output schema is now different than the one in the tMap. I know you can hit Sync Columns in the output component to copy the tMap's schema to the output, but am not sure how to do it in reverse (copy output schema to the tMap) without adding them manually or remapping the tMap (not an option, as there are over 100 jobs each with multiple outputs).

How can I update the tMap output link schemas to match the newly updated output schemas?

Any help or references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
Community Manager

Re: Updating tMaps after updating output schemas

Hello
At the moment, it is impossible to do reverse 'sync columns' action from output schema to input schema.

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seven Stars

shong's response is not entirely true. You can go into the schema of the component following the tMap and "push" the schema of that component into the tMap using the double left yellow arrow between the schemas. The expressions in the tMap will not be lost if the column names don't change.
Community Manager

Hello alevy
thank you for correcting me?here I just post a screenshot to explain alevy's response.

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

You can also recreate the output link, so it will be automaticily updated :
- Select the output arrow and remove it (only the link is removed, the output is memorized in tMap).
- Then right click on tMap, and select line to do a new output, you will see the name of the output you have just removed. Select it and point to your output. Then it will ask you if you want to get the ouput shema. Say yes, and it's ok.
One Star

Thank you for your suggestion Alevy. I will likely use this option whenever I have a specific need to update a table schema, otherwise I think I will leave everything as is (instead of doing this for 100+ jobs, each of which can have up to 30 output schemas). I've been updating schemas only when necessary so far, so am fine to continue this, and this method will be helpful to easily update the tMap from the output.

Thanks again,
Phil

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog