Topology: check and repair geometries...how to

Highlighted
One Star

Topology: check and repair geometries...how to

Hello,
I' d like to read from a multipolygon SHP file in which some points don't form a closed linestring. It i s a tipical topological problem but because of GeoTools error it is non possibile to read successfully the input file. For this my SHP file must be corrected before use SDI (for example wtih v.in.ogr of GRASS). I think it is necessary to check and repair geometries directly inside SDI..
In this way I am not able to use isValid control after reading "bad" SHP file because the Exception is in the first step (SHP file input) :-(

How Can I do ?

Thanks
One Star

Re: Topology: check and repair geometries...how to

Hi,

For the time being it is not possible to handled this king of data in SDI because of Geotools as you said.
Indeed, to handled geometries in SDI we are using Datastore model from Geotools.

You should provide to SDI valid shapefile or data sources to be handled by Geotools, and then by SDI.
FYI, you'll not be able to use your invalid shapefile in other GeoTools based package such as uDig, geoserver, ....

Mathieu

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

APIs for Dummies

View this on-demand webinar about APIs....

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now