Sybase Connection

One Star

Sybase Connection

Hello,
For testing your product, i want to connect to a sybase database.
In 'Db Connections', I select Sybase Db Type, and then enter the string connection.
I have the following error message when I check it : No suitable driver
Where can i say where is my jdbc driver ?
Thank you
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Sybase Connection

Hi all,
Sybase native connection is now available in T.O.S. 2.0.0M1. Go to the Download page ( http://www.talend.com/downloads-talend.htm ) to get this new version!

All Replies
Employee

Hello,
We created the Bug entry Nr 129 in our Brug Tracking tool ( 129 ).
We haven't been able to test Talend with Sybase, indeed we found out too that the Url connection to Sybase is mistaken. The bug fix will be included in our next release.
To try out Talend Open Studio, we advise you to use it with MySQL, Postgres or Odbc Database.
Do not hesitate to subscribe to Mantis (our BUgtracker) to chase up this Bug's correction progress.
Thank for your support.
One Star

Hello,
The previous message specify the possibility to connect to a Sybase Database.
It seems that the last talend release doesn't allow that type of connection ?
Db connections -> Add a new connection, etccc.
In Db Type, got Oracle, mysql, odbc, SQL ServerPostgreSQL, but no Sybase selectable..
Employee

Hello,
Currently we have removed the possibility to create a Sybase database in repository because the Sybase Perl module has not been integrated and tested.
You can test with an Generic Odbc connection, define your Sybase database in your Odbc Source Manager of your Platform.
You can follow the 129 to know when this connection will be available.
Regards.
One Star

Hello
IWould like to know if you plan to developpe a connecter for Sybase.
In the BugTraker (bug 129) you closed it.
It's mean you have implemented it in a new version of talend or not?
Best regards
DN
Employee

Hello Denis,
The 129 is dupplicate of 80.
The implementation of Sybase connection is suspended, we are discussing with Sybase about this connection.
Please follow 80 for Sybase connection in Talend Open Studio.
You can already use Generic ODBC access with this database.
Thanks for your support.
One Star

Cantoine
I already used ODBC connection and the performance is very very bad
1) Using generic ODBC connection from table to table without transformation for 25 000 lines it's about 221 s
2) Using MicroSoft Sql Server connection from table to table without transformation for
25 000 lines it's about 85 s

So I hope that with a Sybase connection that will be faster
DN
Highlighted
Employee

Denis,
I agree with you. Odbc connection's performance are very bad by report native connection.
We hope that Sybase and others database connections will be available as soon as possible.
Regards.
One Star

hi denis
can you tell me how many col there in your table with 25,000 line for testing sybase connectivity with odbc driver
One Star

No news about this Sybase Connection till september ?
Employee

No news about this Sybase Connection till september ?

79 not resolved yet
One Star

hi denis
can you tell me how many col there in your table with 25,000 line for testing sybase connectivity with odbc driver

Alankar
It about 15 col.
Do you test the ODBC and get best performance?
I Tested the Microsoft SQl Server and the performance is better. try it and let me know you have the same performance
DN
One Star

hi
when i try to connect sybase with generic odbc i get error message
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
Stored procedure 'sp_odbc_datatype_info' not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

while i check connection at odbc level i get i login succcess ful .
i try this with latest version 1.1.0.
can any one explain?
One Star

hi
this is a big issue for me that i am unable to connect talend with sybase facing error message as write above
can any body suggest me a good DSN DRIVER for connecting to sybase?
it is a great help for us
thanks & regard
alankar kumar
One Star

hi
can any body tell me why i am not able to connect with sybase with generic ODBC driver ?
or
can any one help me out in connecting talend with sybase ?
One Star

Hi,
I have the same problem with informix:
when i try to connect informix with generic odbc i get error message:
DBI connect('','informix',...) failed: Data source name not found, and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at /usr/local/mis-app/TOS-Linux-r761-V1.0.1/workspace/.Perl/PR1.process_migraPrueba.pl line 539
can't connect to database at /usr/local/mis-app/TOS-Linux-r761-V1.0.1/workspace/.Perl/PR1.process_migraPrueba.pl line 539.
while i check my metadata connection i get the message "connection successfully", i close it and open again and it have lost the connection string. ¿Why? I have another metadata connection to postgresql with postgresql driver and it saves properlly and works OK.
Code generated:
dbtype => undef,
driver => odbc,
dbhost => '',
dbport => '3306',
dbname => '',
I don't write this dbport, i think it take it from the default database driver. In the code it doesn't appear my connection string.
Is there anybody that have used a generic odbc connection successfully?
Thanks.
Employee

Hello,
The difference between a Generic ODBC and the other connection in Talend Open Studio is that the Odbc management connection must be created before in your ODBC MANAGER of your OS.
By example in the following screenshot, there is a list of ODBC connection that i have managed to connect it with Generic ODBC in TOS.
The name of the Odbc source is used in TOS in the DbConnection Wizzard (DataSource field) or in tDB components (Database field).
Fill the Datasource with this name of connection.
Important : You must have the right Driver installed on your computer. This driver install successfully will be listed in the Odbc Manager of your OS.
Regards.
One Star

I think my ODBC is well configured, I am using a linux system with unixodbc 2.2.11-13, I have loaded my source /etc/odbcrc (export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini, source /opt/informix/.informix) before launched TOS, in the same shell i write the command "isql odbc_tierra" and it connects.
I have a simple java program which uses the generic sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver and it works ok, my CLASSPATH include the ...jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/rt.jar
My informix is a very old one and it doesn't exports the schema maybe this is the problem?
Thank you.
Employee

Hi all,
Sybase native connection is now available in T.O.S. 2.0.0M1. Go to the Download page ( http://www.talend.com/downloads-talend.htm ) to get this new version!
One Star

Hi,
I am using Talend5.4.1 version. Need to run the shell script which has isql commands. For this i have tssh component, with this i can run the unix commands but when i tried to connect the sybase server through isql commands.
During execution im facing error like isql command not found.

Can any one suggest me,whether i need to add any driver or environment path.

Thanks in advance