Source connection in Talend Open Studio DQ

Highlighted
One Star

Source connection in Talend Open Studio DQ

Hi,
Can someoen through some light on what source connecitons we can make using Talend Open Studio DQ?
I am currently evaluating this tool for use in our project. We have this requirement to connect to cobol sources and flat file (fixed width). I could only come across DB connections and file delimited available in DQ open studio.
Is there a way to connect to cobol & fixed width sources? Does DQ open studio support such sources or the enterprise edition has this feature?

Your responses appreciated.

Regards,
srichalla
Seventeen Stars

Re: Source connection in Talend Open Studio DQ

I only know about special JDBC drivers to such kind of databases. I have experiences with Siemens SESAM database. This database will be filled with COBOL programs and I read out data by a JDBC driver provided by Siemens (for free!).
The files you are mentioned was accessible as tables through this driver.
Try to find a JDBC driver for your use case.
In Talend Studio you find database components called tJDBC..... Use this components with your special driver.
All of that are available also in the Open Source edition.
One Star

Hi jlolling,
Thanks for your response.
Want to understand if we can acheive this connectivity with only DQ Open Studio alone.
I checked the open studio offering of DI in which we have these componets like "tFileInputEBCDIC", "tExtractEBCDICFields" to access cobol sources, also we have "File Positional" connections to connect to fixed width files but these are specific to DI. Although am not sure how these can be made with only DQ open studio. Is there a way to use the components of DI in DQ ? How the cross product connectivity can be acheived?

Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks,
srichalla
Employee

The profiling is currently limited to delimited files and databases.
It's currently possible for you to use the DI studio to copy your data into a database in order to profile it.

If you nevertheless really would like to profile directly your specific sources, please raise a feature request in our bugtracker at https://jira.talendforge.org

Thanks
One Star

Hi Scorreia,
Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,
srichalla

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality