Scheduler and CRONw

One Star

Scheduler and CRONw

Hello,
I've been discovering and trying to use Talend 3.0 on Windows for a week now, and the scheduler is giving me an hard time, could you please help me ?
I've built a job test_job in java in which I take a list of name from a file and put it in another file... something very simple, just for a test.
I wanted to run my job every day at 5pm, so I entered a task in the scheduler.
Then I read that I needed CRON to use it, so I downloaded Perl 5.8.9 and CRONw 2.0 which I had never heard of before... I've installed them and now I don't know what to do !
I tried to do things like :
- "export job scripts" on my job and put it in cron.daily folder... but it didn't work
- getting the test_job_run.bat from the test_job.zip and put it in cron.daily folder... but it didn't work
- editing Crontab.pm to set the time at 5pm ( my %dailyJobs = ('min' => 0, 'hour' => 17); )
Can you please tell me what I should do now ?
Thank you !
Tags (1)
Employee

Re: Scheduler and CRONw

so you're wondering how to use CRONw if I understand well. I don't know this tool (I'm a Linux user). I think you will find more experienced users on CRONw mailing-list for example.
One Star

Hi,
you could also search in the forum about cron and will found additional information (alternatives). For example the following: 1169
Bye
Volker
One Star

Hi Titine,
Are you trying to schedule in Windows or Linux? I can help you if its Windows.
-
sangi
One Star

Hi Titine,
Are you trying to schedule in Windows or Linux? I can help you if its Windows.
-
sangi

Hi Sangi !
I'm trying to schedule in Windows and would very much appreciate your help ! Thank you in advance :-)
One Star

If its Windows.
Please follow these steps:
For example:
Talend Job Name is: Demo
1. Export job script. Will give a zip file
2. In the zip file. We have two folders Demo and lib.
3. Demo folder will have .bat file
4. Go to Windows Scheduler. Create new task. Browse this bat file. set the time.
It will automatically start the job.
-
sangi