SQL Server error SQL-22018

Highlighted
One Star

SQL Server error SQL-22018

Hi,
I am running Talend version 2.2.3 with Perl 5.8.8 and Windows XP SP2 and SQL Server 2005 Express.
I have been trying to copy data from an excel sheet (All String values) into a SqlServer table.
On running the project it errors with the following:
--------------------------------------------
DBD:Smiley SurprisedDBC::st execute failed: Invalid character value for cast specification (SQL-22018)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at C:/ETL/TOS-All-r7292-V2.2.3/workspace/.Perl/PROJECT1.job_Z_FIN_T8CODES_Import.pl line 971.
can't execute insert query
Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect().
--------------------------------------------
I have read that this was a problem in the past versions using Perl on Win platforms. Is this still a problem. And, if so, is there a work around?
Community Manager

Re: SQL Server error SQL-22018

Hi
Is there a datetime in your data? if so, try to set the datatype as Date and run again.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Again,
Sorry to respond so late to this. But, the suggestion did not work and I imported the table using Toad.
Recently, I downloaded the newest version (TOS-All-r8112-V2.3.0RC1). I decided to give this another try and it still gives the same error using both Sql Express as well as Sql Server 2005 SP1. Are there any other suggestions that I could try?
Employee

Please create a bug notification in the bugtracker and attach your excel file. It will be easier for us to solve the problem if we have the data producing the error.
Employee

I've added a note (with a workaround) in 2876

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download