Repository query type

One Star

Repository query type

Hello,

Talend lets you define that a tDBInput component query is located in the repository, but can you tell me where you can define queries in the repository?

Rgds
Employee

Re: Repository query type

Hi,

Yes, you can store your Query in repository.

1. Open SQLBuilder :
Right click on your DbConnection (this DbConnection has been created previously), choose 'Edit Queries'.
It will open SQLBuilder where you can create your own query.

You can also use '...' button next to Query field, that will open SQLBuilder too.

2. Create your Query :
You can create with 'generate select statement' action (right click on element of your database), or from scratch in SQL Editor (you can use Auto-Completion with Ctrl+space shortcut).

3. Save your Query :
You test your query with 'Running man' icon, after you save this query with 'Save' icon, take a name, you can show Query in Stored Queries folder (in SQLBuilder).

4. Use your Query :
Then in your Job, in tDbInput, you can define this stored Query for your Job. Place Query type properties on repository and search the right Stored Queries.

Regards.
One Star

Thanks.

One more thing, when I select my query from the repository, the default query still the query used during execution, can you tell me where is my mistake?

Rgds
Employee

Hi,

Normally, it's the value defines in Query field is used during execution.

Thank you for your support.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch