Producing Jasper report from Talend

One Star

Producing Jasper report from Talend

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can give me a (simple) guide on how to produce a jasper report from Talend - relatively new to Jaspersoft but have a good understanding of Talend.
I've being trying this for days and I can't get anything to work.
* I've created a report in Jaspersoft called jasper_talend (all the necessary files have been created too). The chart that is produced is just based on a simple select statement from a postgresql database. The output of this file is ok.
* I've have then tried using both the tJasperOutput and the tJasperOutputExec, entering all the details as required but I'm not getting anywhere. When I use tJasperOutputExec I'm getting an error stating "Talend String cannot be resolved".

1. First off, is my understanding correct in assuming Talend can produce a Jaspersoft report/graph once the Jaspersoft files have been created?
2. Do I need to feed in information or will that information be kept in the Jasper files I've created at the beginning?
3. What inputs / outputs do I need to hook up to the jasper components in Talend to get this working?

Begging anyone for help on this as I'm beginning to get very frustrated.

thanks in advance.
One Star

Re: Producing Jasper report from Talend

sorry just realized this is in the wrong place................sorry first post.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog