Problem when creating new XML metadata

Highlighted
One Star

Problem when creating new XML metadata

Hello,

I have a little problem I hope you can help me with.

I use Windows7-64 with 4Go and tried TOS version 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1.0M1.

When I try to create a new xml metadata (new XML file), I cannot have a preview (during step 3) or generate the shema (step 4).
If I try to have a preview, I have the message " Preview error. Some settings must be changed. Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting." with "Output not generated" as the only detail.
And when I try to go to step 4, I have the error message "Guess failure", again with "Output not gererated" for detail.

I have no problem in step 1 and 2, I use a XML file in UTF-8 and the Schema Viewer in step 2 displays correctly the schema of the file. Also in step 3, I have no problem with the Source and Target Schemas. So I think the file is correct.

The TalendOpenStudio-win32-x86.ini file is :
-vmargs
-Xms64m
-Xmx768m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Thanks!

Fabien
One Star

Re: Problem when creating new XML metadata

Hello again,

No one has an idea?...

Fabien
Five Stars

Have the same problem on Windows 10 with Talend DI 6.1.1
I get the schema view on step 3 but when I get to step 4 I get the Error Message 
"Preview Error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting."
The thing is the File Viewer tab shows me the contents correctly.
I tried most of the encoding options listed (I skipped a few after ISO-8859-6 and went to ISO-8859-15 
In case it matters its a file from a Apple Mac originally but copied to Windows over the network
Five Stars

Also the file doesn't explicitly say the encoding or include the <xml bit at the top of the file 
One Star pcn
One Star

Same issue here, with the older 5.4.1 version (both x86 and x86_64 have the problem), on Win 7.

Even the "How to create Input and Output Xml File Metadata" tutorial lead to the same error.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog