One Star

Perl Demo Project unable to prepare Oracle DBI

I was able to install TOS 3.0.4 on Windows XP and imported the demo Project. I ran the File Input and Outputs ok. I set up a Oracle connection to a remote Oracle 10g database which checked out fine. When I try to run the tOracleInput, I get this message:
Starting job tOracleInput at 16:13 07/04/2009.
DBD:Smiley Surprisedracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 14 in 'select * from <*>demotable') at C:\TOS-Win32-r22547-V3.0.4\workspace\.Perl\TALENDDEMOSPERL.job_tOracleInput_0.1.pl line 332.
Job tOracleInput ended at 16:13 07/04/2009.

I looked under the Basic Settings and discovered I had not put in the table name. I clicked on the elipses and chose a table. I clicked on Guess Query and it appeared to work fine.
Ran again with this message:
Starting job tOracleInput at 16:23 07/04/2009.
DBD:Smiley Surprisedracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00904: "SORTEST"."DELIVERY": invalid identifier (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 84 in 'SELECT SORTEST.id, SORTEST.name, SORTEST.quantity, SORTEST.flag, SORTEST.creation,
<*>SORTEST.delivery FROM SORTEST') at C:\TOS-Win32-r22547-V3.0.4\workspace\.Perl\TALENDDEMOSPERL.job_tOracleInput_0.1.pl line 333.
Job tOracleInput ended at 16:24 07/04/2009.

I have had this same error appear on multiple attempts to use TOS. As this is my first experience I thought perhaps I am missing something. I checked the Installation Forum for clues to perl errors, checked to be sure I had the Active Perl installed and the DBD-Oracle. When I check the Modules tab out, the Oracle modules are installed.
When I checked the code it appears normal. I changed the code slightly to see if setting the variable before executing it would work but got the same error. Where do I go from here?
Maryjane
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Perl Demo Project unable to prepare Oracle DBI

Oracle says that the SORTEST.delivery column doesn't exist. Can you check it really exists?
What happens if you remove the "delivery" column from the query? (to know if the problem comes from this specific column or if the query globally fails)
One Star

Re: Perl Demo Project unable to prepare Oracle DBI

AHA! You are indeed correct. In fact, none of these columns exist. I guess I assumed that the TOS would choose the column names it has in the schema. My tOracleInput is now working. Thanks for the help.