Passing context back from subjob.

Highlighted
One Star

Passing context back from subjob.

I'm trying to read a list of email addresses from a database table set up for that purpose. I want to reuse this functionality in many jobs so I created a sub job called Read_Notify_List. The database table holds records with the email and the job or application which the email belongs to.

My job imports EmailApp and EmailList as context variables. I set EmailApp as appropriate for the job then call Read_Notify_List as a subjob. Read_Notify_List uses EmailApp in the SQL to read in a list of email addresses and create a string of these addresses for that job. This works as I can use a System.out.printf statement in Read_Notify_List and see the constructed email list. Read_Notify_List then sets the context variable EmailList to this string.

But when I get back to the calling job the context variable EmailList empty. It looks like I'm successfully passing context variable to a subjob, but how do I pass a context variable back to calling job?
One Star

Re: Passing context back from subjob.

Hello. Is anyone there? This seems like a trivial problem but I'm not seeing the solution.
One Star

An authentic pair with Christian Louboutin heels sells for in the price range of $700 to be able to $1, 700. This is due towards many types and styles of designs widely available from the designer. We are not saying that there are not good sales around but if notice a fresh pair for less than 50% then there is a good chance that this can be a fake. The only possibility for such plenty is if it is a pre-owned pair Christian Louboutin of Louboutin's and even then you still must double check for the authenticity. Once you have found a seller, or sellers, of the shoes you might want to take the next stage of closely examining the particular bottoms. Louboutin's are renowned for their red soles so this can be definitely the first place to check on.

Any woman would adores shoes that make her feel interesting. Women throughout the universe want DreamChristian Louboutin Sneakers. TAhe creative design of these shoesFunky Fashion Shoes make each woman feel as thougWomanh jane is at the top connected with tCrazy Shoesrends; whatever her clothing expression is. a Nothing makes women feelWoman more Louboutin UK advertisingmired when she has put oWholesale Woman Shoesn the best olouboutinutfit; complimented by the perfect pair of shoes. Whether you areWoman Apparel seeking hot and sexComey or fashionable and Crazy Shoesfunctioning; you will see wWholesalehat you happen to be seeking for. Outlet was created in america at first, which has a history of more than 100 years until now. It is the most powerful retail formats in Western and America.

Now it gradully swept well-liked in Southeast Asia and several other countries. At the first, outlet is just your factory stores. and slowly, it forms the outlet that is comparable to shopping mall, and then developed in to an independent retail platforms Christian Louboutin Hot Suppliers. Many people tend to order famous Christian Louboutin UK Sale brands in the particular outlet. Well this is absolutely a wise choice. Saying about famous companies, have you heard with regards to Christian Louboutin. Its main sign may be the red soles that displays temptation and sexy, which can let girls become more charming. And to follow fashion within this year, you should buy some it. So where to acquire it. Since I have brought up outlet, then you will know the result. To go to that Christian Louboutin outlet to buy a couple shoes.

Read More:
http://www.christianlouboutinuksite.com/
Christian Louboutin Chasseresse 140mm Boots
christian louboutin official site
Christian Louboutin open Shoe boutique for men in New York
shot a passel of actual Christian Louboutin shoes store
Christian Louboutin Altadama 140mm Shoes Nude
One Star

I guess not.
Community Manager

Dear steveo250k

Sorry for delay, I just see your topic.

About your question, you are trying to pass a variable to parent job from child job. To do this, you need to use a tBufferOutput component in child job.
For example:
in Child job:
....your other job...
|
onsubjobok
|
tFixedFlowInput--main--tBufferOutput

on tFixedFlowInput: add one column let's call it emailList on schema, set its value as context.EmailList

parent job:
tJava
|
onsubjobok
|
tRunJob--main--tJavaRow
|
onsubjobok
|
tJavaFlex

on tRunjob, add one column "emailList"on schema.
on tJavaRow:
context.EmailList=Input_row.emailList;

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks,

This is helpful

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Find out about Talend Open Studio for Data Quality

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality