Open Profiler

Highlighted
One Star

Open Profiler

Hi,

I recently downloaded Open Profiler and I'm finding it very useful. I've already noticed that exporting or printing analysis is only available in the Data Quality product. Is the same true when it comes to creating UDIs? I want to aggregate two columns by a third column and then have my indicator tell me where aggregate #1 exceeds aggregate #2. Is this achievable via a UDI and if so, is this feature available on Open Profiler?

I've seen enough of Open Profiler to know I'm interested in Data Quality. How do I purchase Data Quality as it isn't obvious on the website?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ian.
Employee

Re: Open Profiler

Hi,

nice to hear that you find our Open Profiler useful.
The UDI currently only works on single columns in column analysis editor.

Maybe, what you need is more a business rule.
If that does not answer to your need, we are in the process of defining the new roadmap, so it's time for you to request new features at http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/bug_report_advanced_page.php

In order to purchase Data Quality, please send a mail to sales@talend.com
One Star

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll contact Sales as suggested.

In respect to the business rule, are you saying that none of the Talend products support this at the moment (i.e. I need to handle these kind of checks outside using regular T-SQL queries)?

Thanks,
Ian.
Employee

By business rule, I meant the SQL DQ Rules that you can create in Libraries/Rules/SQL, but I'm not sure that it would be useful.
There are other ways to do that with Talend jobs too, but it's not an analysis ready-to-use as the existing analyses.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality

Read