Localization of TOS

Highlighted
One Star

Localization of TOS

Hi all,

I'd like to understand the issues involved in localization for TOS. First, I'll list a few points that I know already (please correct me where I'm wrong!). Then I'll list the points that I'd like to learn more about. My details are all based on JasperETL 3.0.2 (TOS 3.0.2) but I expect that these details don't change from version to version.

First, if I want to run TOS in a non-default language then I choose the menu Window -> Preferences. From here choose the section "Talend" and find the property "Local language". From here I can choose from 4 languages: English, French, Chinese, German.

Second, if I want to translate some strings myself, I can use Babili (http://www.talendforge.org/babili/).

This is a great starting point, but it gets more difficult when I get into the details.

1. How can I add another language? I need to add Japanese to this dropdown list.

2. How can I update the Eclipse-based strings? I understand that Talend is only responsible for the TOS strings, so it's expected behavior when I find that many of the common menu options remain in English even after I switched to Chinese. But how can update my system to include the Chinese eclipse strings? It seems like a simple thing... but I don't have any Eclipse experience, and my googling has not turned up any answers.

3. Where are the bundles in TOS? If I want to tweak a translation or add new translations I need to update the bundles. But I can't seem to figure out where they are.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Matt

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

APIs for Dummies

View this on-demand webinar about APIs....

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now