One Star

LDAP Connection?

Hi,
I just downloaded your product today to test it. I want to extract data from LDAP Directory. But when I try to create a new connection, there isn't any ldap choice in the wizard.
My question is : Is it possible to define a LDAP Directory as a data source and how to do it?
Thanks for your help
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: LDAP Connection?

Monitor 965 for Perl and 1065 for Java.
One Star

Hi Talend,
I just want to strengthen the need for the components tLDAPInput and tLDAPOutput, since i saw the 'suspended' status of feature 965 for Perl.
Could you please indicate if and when the development of these tLDAP components will be picked up again.
With kind regards,
Ric
Community Manager

Hi Ric
This bug have been fixed in TOS2.2.0M2 and the lastest version is TOS2.2.0RC1.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

THX Shong,
I will look into TOS2.2.0RC1 and experience it for myself.
One Star

Hey Talend,
I have to deal with many SQL repository (SQL Server/ Oracle / DB2 / Access...) and LDAP repository (Active Directory, home made, ...).
I begin my talend project in PERL and I would like to know when the status of the Perl LDAP tInput and tOutput will evolve and join the java fonctionnalities. Is-it a good choice to create a project in PERL, the priority seems to be for the JAVA version ?
Thanks in advance,
Employee

I would like to know when the status of the Perl LDAP tInput and tOutput will evolve and join the java fonctionnalities.

LDAP features are not top priority in Perl development roadmap. But we may do something in the near future. Monitor the feature request and add a not that say you're interested.
Is-it a good choice to create a project in PERL, the priority seems to be for the JAVA version ?

Take a short look at 1415. I don't think "priority" is given to Java version. There are more Java components developers than Perl components developers, so Perl is growing slower (in term of quantity).