Installation of a new Component

One Star

Installation of a new Component

Hello.

I download a new component from Exchange.

I don't know how to install in the Talend Open Studio.

I need information about how I can install or use the new components from Exchange.

Re: Installation of a new Component

try placing it on folder:

<talend_installation>\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_<version>\components

hope it helps
Employee

Hello,

1) Create your own folder usercomponent
2) go to window/preference/talend/component and set the component folder
One Star

Thank you Nicolas. Your solution help me.

Emenuet I will going to try your solution too, thank you.
One Star

Emenuet, I am using UBUNTU not windows.
Six Stars

Well, that's schould be the same on both linux and windows, just the path is described in diferent syntax related to operating system.
One Star

emenuet wrote:
Hello,

Hi,
I have TOS 5.0.0.
I downloaded the tTelnetSend component on the Exchange, and I followed this procedure, but I can't find the new component in the list. Will try another way.

Thanks
Employee

claude_ja wrote:
emenuet wrote:
Hello,

Hi,
I have TOS 5.0.0.
I downloaded the tTelnetSend component on the Exchange, and I followed this procedure, but I can't find the new component in the list. Will try another way.

Thanks

You will also have to refresh your pallete. Either press SHIFT-CTRL-F3 or restart the studio.
As long as the Talend | Components preferences is set to the folder, it should pick up the component.
Seven Stars

Hi,

I am using TOS 5.1 and I tried to install the tExcelReport component by following the same steps. Even after the restart of TOS designer it never picked up the component.

Are there any additional steps needed?

Cheers!

Chanaka
One Star

Hi,

I have followed steps that are suggested as above. I have refreshed the pallete and have tried to restart the TOS. The results were same as the component wasn't there yet. Do you have any idea about the issue?..

Steps that I used are :

Windows > Preferences > Talend > Talend Component Design
Component Project > Browse > Apply > Ok.

Regards,
naim
One Star

Hi,

If I received a message such 'missing jar:cimt.talendcomp.flatfileimport-1.0.jar', what is the actual problem? For your information, the cimt.talendcomp.flatfileimport-1.0.jar file has already embedded in the component.

Regards,
naim
Seventeen Stars

Delete the file <talend-install-dir>/configuration/ComponentCache.javacache and restart studio. Studio causes a lot of problems in loading libraries from use components.

If you load (not install) a component from exchange as zip archive, unzip it in a separate folder or in a folder where already you placed other user components. Open Window-Preferences->Talend->Components and here set this folder as User Component Path and click on Apply. Now the Generation Engine should start and you should find the new component in the palette.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog