Installation Talend 5.3.1

One Star

Installation Talend 5.3.1

Hello,

I am trying to install Talend 5.3.1 on my new computer. I realize this is an older version of Talend but I have a hard requirement that my work be coded in this one and this one alone.

It seems however that I am running into one problem after another. Right now I get an Invocation Target Exception and cannot generate any code when I try to run what I've done. Looking at my log, I get the following error (sorry for the French; I'll do my best to translate):
La méthode contains(CharSequence) du type String fait référence au type CharSequence manquant at org.talend.designer.codegen.translators.common.Subtree_beginJava.generate(Subtree_beginJava.java:63)

which translates to:
The method contains(CharSequence) of type String refers to missing type CharSequence at org.talend.designer.codegen.translators.common.Subtree_beginJava.generate(Subtree_beginJava.java:63)

I have scoured every nook and cranny of the workspace and cannot find a single reference to "contains(CharSequence)" nor even to "contains(" - what might be going wrong here? This is getting urgent. Thanks for any advice!

P.S.: I am not getting this code problem if I try running the job on a remote computer with Talend Open Studio already installed, so I think I made some sort of mistake in installation.
One Star

Re: Installation Talend 5.3.1

Forgot to add that I am resorting to copying the files from 5.3.1; can the install package for this version be found anywhere still? Thanks!

Re: Installation Talend 5.3.1

Hi,
All your jobs in 5.3.1 studio cannot be executed successfully?
What's your current machine OS and JDK? Have you already checked document TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms to see if you are on Compatible Platform?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog