I can not run Hello World Example

One Star

I can not run Hello World Example

Hello,
I am new at Talend and I am not good at English so sorry in avance.
I can run it properly, it seems everything is installed OK. (the only modules I dont have installed are: "DBD:Smiley Surprisedracle" and "Win32"- I am using linux), but when I run the example nothing happens, although projects logs said it starts and ends OK).
I have been looking for the perl code generated, but i cannot find it, i think the problem is that it doesnt generated it.
my example is only a tPerl, which code is: print "hello world";
I have downloaded version:
Talend Open Studio product
Version: V1.1.1
Build id: r141320070111-1731.
JVM:
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)
Perl:
This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
+ modules.
My Linux is a debian testing kernel: 2.6.15-1-686-smp
Thank You.
Tags (1)
Employee

Re: I can not run Hello World Example

I have been looking for the perl code generated, but i cannot find it, i think the problem is that it doesnt generated it.

In your job design, you have two tabs: "design" and "code". What happens if you click on "code" tab?
One Star

code tab is empty:
# +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
# | [ |
# 236 characters generated by Talend OpenStudio
# on the 17 de enero de 2007 17:39:36 CET

I have just tried version r761-V1.0.1, and everythins is OK, the example works fine.
I have realised that when i start TOS v.1.1.1 first time, i didnt seen the country list. I don't know if this is important.
Thank again.
One Star

In your job design, you have two tabs: "design" and "code". What happens if you click on "code" tab?
I'm seing the same problem; the "Code" tab shows only comments, and no Perl code.
I'm using Talend v1.1.1._r1413, Sun Java 1.6.0-b105 and ActivePerl 5.8.8.819, which run fine on a colleague's computer.
Employee

Hello
dserodio, can you tell me what is your Java version ?
egodino, apparently you are using Java 1.5. Can you confirm you have not installed Java 1.6 ?
if not, can you try to delete <TOS_install_directory>/workspace/.JETEmitters directory and start TOS (then wait about 5 minutes before you do anything while .JetEmitters is automatically recreated).
Michaël
Employee

I'm using Talend v1.1.1._r1413, Sun Java 1.6.0-b105 and ActivePerl 5.8.8.819, which run fine on a colleague's computer.

You need to downgrade your java version (from 1.6.0-b105 to 1.5).
If you don't want to, wait tomorow, a T.O.S. 1.1.2 will be released (and this stable release runs correctly on Java 6)
One Star cha
One Star

Hello,
I have just started with talend and do face an error message (see below) with trying the message Box Test "Hello World"
I do not understand ?????
Franck
Starting job PriorTest at 16:34 27/03/2007.
Execution failed : Job execution failed.

Job PriorTest ended at 16:34 27/03/2007.
Employee

Did you achieve all prerequisites (perl, etc) ?