How to use Indicator Parameters of User Defined Indicators

Highlighted
One Star

How to use Indicator Parameters of User Defined Indicators

Hi Friends,

I have a small query regarding the TOS DQ,

How to use Indicator Parameters of User Defined Indicators? As simply providing the value in Indicator Parameters section is not working for me. Below is my usecase and configuration description.

Use Case
-------------
Try to get the table row count based on some condition provided in WHERE clause however the checking parameter must be dynamic so that the user can supply the parameters from some table without touching the actual query at one or multiple places.

Configuration
-------------------------
Database : MySQL
SQL Template : SELECT COUNT(*) FROM <%=__TABLE_NAME__%> WHERE LENGTH(<%=__COLUMN_NAMES__%>) = var1
Indicator Category : User Defined Count
Indicator Parameters : Parameter key -> var1, Parameter Value -> 13

Hope to receive some response.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod
Employee

Re: How to use Indicator Parameters of User Defined Indicators

Actually, parameters can only be used when you define a java indicator (for the java engine).
But what you'd like to do is a good idea and I suggest that you raise a feature request for that.
One Star

scorreia wrote:
Actually, parameters can only be used when you define a java indicator (for the java engine).
But what you'd like to do is a good idea and I suggest that you raise a feature request for that.

@scorreia: Thanks for your response. Regarding the Java engine also is there any documentation as how to design a class and what output is expected out of it? I could understand that the variables like User Id, Password, Port, IP such kind of information and may be more like any variable can be supplied via those variables but inside class how to frame it ? Is there any specific method? and what output is expected? For Java I could see the place for Class and Jars but as per my understanding inside java class methods provide access to the variables so how to use them?

I would appreciate if you can guide me as where and how to get the documentation for the same if there are any...

--
Regards,
Vinod
Employee

Hi,

there is a chapter called " How to define Java user-defined indicators" where you should get all necessary information about this topic.
For an example of the use of parameters in a java UDI, you may have a look at the code of http://talendforge.org/svn/top/trunk/test.myudi/src/main/java/org/talend/dataquality/indicator/userd...

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Enabling Data Governance

Learn how to enable Data Governance

Watch Now

The Definitive Guide to Government Data Quality

Take a peek at the definitive guide to Government Data Quality

Read