Exporting all the jobs in a project

One Star

Exporting all the jobs in a project

Hi,

I have a project that currently contains 30 jobs. I now export the jobs individually whenever I make a change, copy and run the jobs on a linux machine. I was not able to find an option in talend to export the project containing these 30 jobs into a zip file, still maintaining the structure of the individual jobs. I can select all the jobs in the project and export them to a zip file, but when the file is unzipped, all the jobs are in a folder in the name of the first job in the project. There is only one lib directory for all the jobs and this does not contain all the jars required to run all the jobs.

I would really appreciate if you can let me know how a complete project along with the code for the jobs can be exported to run on a linux box. I am currently developing my project on a windows environment.

Thank you
One Star

Re: Exporting all the jobs in a project

Hi,

if your jobs are interdependent that means One job calling other job Parent child relationship the u have a option while exporting your main or first job to start you can select Export Dependencies and Apply to children.

if your jobs are not interdependent then you need to export the individually.

Regards,
Vijay
One Star

Thank you Vijay for your reply.

I have jobs that are independent of each other. I do understand the option 'Export Dependencies' and 'Apply to children' options when exporting a job. I can decrease my development time in half or probably more if I was able to export the complete project, with all the jobs in a folder containing the name of the project. Whenever I make changes to the project settings, I will have to export each job separately and this increases my development time. I hope Talend can come up with some option to export the project, as well as jobs individually while still maintaining the overall structure and functionality of the jobs/project.

I would really appreciate if somebody from the Talend team can answers these questions. I just want to know if there is a way to do this or I have to export each and every job individually whenever I make changes to the project settings.

Thank you

You can export the entire project at once. right click "Job Designs" and select export items. Select all of your jobs and hit "export"
One Star

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried what you have said in the post. Export jobs and Export Items are totally two different things. The export jobs, exports the actual job along with the source, jar files and other supporting files. It also creates a .sh file or a .bat file depending on the environment, which you can use to run on the command line. Export Items is not doing the same thing and I think they totally have different functionality. Export items exports the metadata related to the jobs and mostly contains .item and .properties files of the various jobs in the project. This is not exactly what I have in mind when I posted on the forum. Just like I export individual jobs, I want to export the complete project with the project name as the root folder containing all the jobs in the project. I hope I am clear with my request and what I want to do.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you
One Star

Hi Balla,

if your project setting changes frequently then you can have the setting as a file and load it before your jobs starts. so the u need to change the setting file only no the entire project.

Regards,
Vijay.M

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download